PDA

View Full Version : Amount spent on fuel.

haras
16-08-2007, 20:47
Hello,

I was wondering what the average cost is you spend on petrol whilst on your holiday.

I realise there are lots of variables such as type of car,number of passengers,distances,length of holiday etc.

Yes,petrol is cheap compared to the UK but my experiance of driving a Jeep Cheroke from Hampton Lakes to the parks and back involved filling up with a full tank every 4 days or so, so the cost does mount up.

Thought this subject may be of help to those planning there first trip to Florida.

blott
16-08-2007, 22:10
In four weeks and over 1500 miles, our petrol cost was around $150 in a 7 seater in June.

MarkJan
16-08-2007, 22:11
We do about 500 miles per week, sometimes more depending on what we decide to do. If you are booking the car hire through the link above or here, www.uscarhire.co.uk why not book the gold and just keep running the fuel down? I have no problem stopping on the way to the airport to put $5 just to get me home. Why waste the fuel already paid for?

In the grand scheme of things, the amount you spend on petrol will probably be less than one persons theme park tickets for 2 weeks.