PDA

View Full Version : Best time and day for Magic Kingdom

14-08-2007, 18:58
We are out in Florida at the moment and are planning to go to MK but do not want to spend the whole day there, what is the best time of day to get there apart from first thing?

I was wondering if going later and staying for the fireworks would work although not sure of the time of the fireworks?

neilbrunton
14-08-2007, 19:12
We were at the Magic Kingdom last month and they had the light parade at 21:00, the fireworks at 22:00 and the second light parade at 23:00. I thisk this is the same throughout the summer. The park was very busy up to 21:00 when we watched the first Light Parade. Whilst everyone is watching the parades and fireworks is probable a good time to get on the rides.

Neil

pieman790
14-08-2007, 19:23
It does get less busy later in the day. However as it is the wet season you can get an afternoon thunder storm which gets rid of alot of people from the park.

14-08-2007, 20:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
It does get less busy later in the day. However as it is the wet season you can get an afternoon thunder storm which gets rid of alot of people from the park.
[/quote]

We are out here at the moment and they are having a dry speel so hardly any rain since Thursday all we have had was a shower yesterday pm[msnwink]

SDJ
14-08-2007, 20:18
Julie, I think it will be busy whatever time of day you go, so I would choose what suits you and your family best.

Sandra

Paula D-S
14-08-2007, 20:30
Tuesday and Wednesday are supposed to be the quietest days in August.

ccarcher
15-08-2007, 06:45
We found early was good,

A quick tip you could try, we had a dinner reservation on our first day at the castle at 9.00am, but never got asked for a reference just said when we entered the park around 8 that we had a reservation and was allowed through whilst others queued for official opening at 9

so we did this each day we visited arriving around 8 and sneaking in early by saying we had a reservation at CRT for breakfast and you just get allowed through, not entirely truthful but any advantage you can get helps

whilst none of the rides are open, it does allow you to get some great photos before the parks full and also be first in line for the rides when they do open at the far end of the park

We also found that arriving late afternoon after 5pm was a good time, but avoid the days of extra magic hours as the additional guests from the Disney hotels makes the park way busier than normal

As a general rule currently Wednesdays and Thursdays are the best days for Magic Kingdom

Lynne S
15-08-2007, 12:58
Watch out for the extra magic hours too Julie, the days when these are on the parks are much busier:)

SteveandJan
17-08-2007, 02:35
We tend to go later in the day and it does filter out towards the evening, especially those with younger children

jo-anne
17-08-2007, 20:40
Julie
There is the Pirate and princess party going on this month and on those days the park closes early - at 6pm to allow PandP guests only. So if you don't want your day cut short - don't choose a party day!

18-08-2007, 07:29
Thanks Jo-anne we had planned on going tomorrow but it is a party day!

I wonder if the P & P might be good fun?