PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE please can someone help me!!

pollylee
12-08-2007, 03:24
Hi, I am a long time lurker here and am currently in Orlando on a nightmare holiday. I didn't rent a car as I thought I'd rely on the I-trolley for transport, BIG mistake. You have to have a car here so I thought, great I know just where to go. I booked a car earlier today for pickup at 4pm local time. Gone down to Dollar to pick up the car, after a sweltering walk to pick up the car but no record of it can be found. I thought the kissimmee branch of UScarhire would be confirming my payment. Anyway, the money has been taken, I have no car and no prospect of one till monday and cannot for the life of me find a phone number to contact anyone at UScarhire. I have e-mailed and I want to cancel as we will be leaving early Friday and really needed it for this weekend. I don't know where I stand with a refund and am running low on money. I want to make the kids last few days, at least memorable for the last few days but am scared to take any taxi's as I will not be able to afford them and days out. The kids are in the pool at the moment and I am so tearful at the moment I am at my wits end, please can someone advise me.
Many thanks

bouncey
12-08-2007, 04:05
they are open in the morning until 10 if this helps!

roger
12-08-2007, 04:57
You just need to follow the instructions on the email we sent you, and also on our site when you placed your order. First of all - don't panic! If you order last-minute or at the weekend, then Dollar will not have a record of your order. You can still collect a car (of the type booked) and explain to Dollar you have a pre-paid voucher that will be sent to them on Monday once your payment has been taken.

Once you have your car, let us know the rental agreement number from your paperwork from Dollar. The on Monday we will make sure Dollar apply your voucher to your rental (to save you from paying Dollar locally for the car on your return).

I have sent you an email as well as posted on here.

pollylee
12-08-2007, 18:22
Hi, thanks for getting back, I printed out the e-mail showing awaiting confirmation of voucher but they won't let me have a car. I just don't know what to do. Come monday the car will not be needed.

roger
12-08-2007, 19:37
If you drop me an email we can cancel your order. You need to pay Dollar as though renting directly from them - they dont charge you until you return the car (although they take your card details on collection) so we can still apply your voucher on Monday as per the above. As long as you let me know your rental agreement number.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pollylee
Hi, thanks for getting back, I printed out the e-mail showing awaiting confirmation of voucher but they won't let me have a car. I just don't know what to do. Come monday the car will not be needed.
[/quote]

pollylee
13-08-2007, 09:15
Thanks for being so understanding. My husband usually books these things and I just get in and drive, Unfortunately he said for me to go ahead and book it and I have no way of contacting him now, so if you could give me instructions on what I have to exacly do as idiot proof as possible I will go for the refund thanks. Look forward to hearing from you.

Pauline

Darren S
13-08-2007, 13:04
Just make sure that you don't book the car with a prepaid debit card as they allocate another $150 from it, which can make things hard financially - and something that isn't mentioned when you book!

roger
13-08-2007, 17:57
Thanks for being so understanding. My husband usually books these things and I just get in and drive, Unfortunately he said for me to go ahead and book it and I have no way of contacting him now, so if you could give me instructions on what I have to exacly do as idiot proof as possible I will go for the refund thanks. Look forward to hearing from you.

Pauline
[/quote]

All cancelled and will be refunded very shortly. I'm sorry you were unable to proceed, and I'll try to find out why Dollar were being so difficult letting you collect the car, as I've never heard of that before.

pollylee
13-08-2007, 18:34
Wow, that was quick and the most trouble free part of my whole holiday. Thank you Roger for the professional and courteous way you have handled this, I see why your company comes so highly recommended and will also be top of my list now. I should mention that as I didn't have the voucher he was very eager for me to rent directly from dollar which was far dearer. He could not beleive the rate I got on the printed off e-mail either!!
Thanks again

roger
13-08-2007, 19:27
Wow, that was quick and the most trouble free part of my whole holiday. Thank you Roger for the professional and courteous way you have handled this, I see why your company comes so highly recommended and will also be top of my list now. I should mention that as I didn't have the voucher he was very eager for me to rent directly from dollar which was far dearer. He could not beleive the rate I got on the printed off e-mail either!!
Thanks again
[/quote]

Thats no problem. Just for future reference, for you or anyone else reading this; If you do a last minute booking at the weekend or out of hours, and as a result do not have a voucher when you need to collect, then you just need to collect a car from Dollar (as though doing it directly with them). They will quote you their normal full rate (expensive!) and take your card details. It is important you collect the same type of car as booked with us. If they upgrade you to a better car due to not having your chosen car available, then get them to note this on the paperwork so we can see why you have a lrger car than booked.

Dollar do not charge your card until you return the car at the end of your rental period. Before you return the car, you just need to contact us with the rental agreement number (issued by Dollar) and we have them apply your pre-paid voucher to your Dollar rental. This mean they do not charge you at all when you return the car, as they have a voucher from us by then.

Nina A
13-08-2007, 23:42
Thanks again
[/quote]

Once again Roger to the rescue [msnsmile2]. This is exactly why we would never dream of renting from anywhere else, no matter how tempting the offer seems to be.

E. Cosgrove
19-08-2007, 02:45
Just caught up with this thread.

Fantastic response from US carhire[clap][clap][clap]

gail and david roberts
19-08-2007, 12:12
well done Roger
[clap][clap]

canarypam
19-08-2007, 13:26
Yes I agree - Well done Roger really helpful as always !

Team Thomson
20-08-2007, 23:33
We have been worried about booking via a company we hadnt used before.
After reading this link I am glad we did.
I dont think you would get service like this via anyone else.

Looking forward to our trip and great value car rental for a change.

sunandfun
21-08-2007, 01:19
What great service!! I am so glad we booked our two cars for Christmas through this site. I have passed on the details of UScarhire to neighbours who are visiting Florida for the first time next year.

Linda r
21-08-2007, 04:06
We once had a slight problem when we hired a car through Dollar and everything was sorted out very quickly and efficiently by Roger. It is the reason we recommend this site to our guests and also use it ourselves for car hire because you have the assurance that there is backup and support should you need it, plus some of the best prices available.

Linda