PDA

View Full Version : Crescent Lakes

lisi
01-10-2003, 18:14
Hi
Just back and abolutely loved Crescent Lakes after wondering and asking so many questions. Had a lake at the rear of hte villa and watched in vain for the gators to surface (in vain) many huge ripples but no signs of gators although I am told they are there! It was quiet and easy to get everywhere. The villa was great - no complaints at all - only hiccup I had I have referred to in general chat forum.

Thanks to all of you for your help in answering my questions
Lisi

florida4sun
01-10-2003, 18:44
Gators definately there, usally 3 or 4 in each lake on Crescent Lakes. It is usually sunny hot days that bring them to the surface. They dont like clouds..

Martin

blott
01-10-2003, 19:18
Glad you enjoyed Crescent Lakes Lisi although I was sorry to read about your trauma on International Drive.

Did you spot any turtles (small round heads above the water surface) or other wildlife?

There are usually a few sand hill cranes wandering around (large grey birds with red beaks and eyes), cattle egrets (small, white with longish yellow legs), a few heron, anhingas, eagles and vultures flying overhead and, of course, lots of fish ripples on the lake.

chrisj
02-10-2003, 12:32
Lisi

Glad you enjoyed crescent lakes, we just loved the place., We saw a couple of Aligators
in the lake where we stayed, Also those cranes.

lisi
02-10-2003, 14:50
Yes, had 3 egrets or whatever that came to the side of the lanai to be fed. Didn't see any turtles tho but lots of herons and cranes. Huge ripples in the lake and each day was very hot - someone said the gators only come up early morning and evening to regulate their body temperatures, but I tried watching each time - NO LUCK!!! Saw plenty at Gatorland tho. Lots of huge birds overhead too - vultures or something. Just loved the jungly bits of Florida and tried to imagine what it was like before man descended!

Lisi

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-10-2003, 15:10
We're off to our 7 bed in Crescent Lakes for a week - can't wait.

We always seem to see lots of gators in the lake at the back of the villa - usually basking in the sunshine late afternoon or just as a pair of eyes poking out of the water at other times. We've counted as many as 5 at one time :).

Here's one we spotted last September there:

/forums/Data/2003102111232_gator.jpg

chrisj
02-10-2003, 15:13
well have a nice trip and remember the 192 is a lovely road to use :)

Nice pic by the way

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-10-2003, 16:36
LOL Chris...We'll be avoiding the 192 like the plague...horrible road!

Only joking ... we love the 192 too ... just not on the way to Disney when it takes up valuable theme park time :D;):D;);)

chrisj
02-10-2003, 18:17
Well anyway have a great time, and no rubbing it in when you get back, I have 10 months
to wait [V][V][V] til i can go up and down the 192

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-10-2003, 18:36
Thanks Chris :)

chrisj
02-10-2003, 18:43
any chance of you bringing back some ????:D:D

floridalakeviewvillas
03-10-2003, 14:31
We are going to Crescent lakes on 12th October 03 for three weeks, cannot wait. I've heard so much about it.

chrisj
03-10-2003, 14:33
Have a great trip, im sure you will love the place

Chris

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-10-2003, 05:07
Hello from a rather warm Crescent Lakes - arrived this afternoon and the place is just as great as we remember it :D

p.s. Chris: Just been down the 192 (well a short section of it anyway to Chilis) and it's looking good ;)

m1ke
04-10-2003, 05:28
oh yea !!! rub it in!!!:D[8D]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-10-2003, 05:31
But of course Mike...;):D;):D

chrisj
04-10-2003, 19:45
hmmmmmmmm

well im glad your having fun, its raining here :(:(

glad the 192's still nice, have you ever eaten in Perkins ??

Chris

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-10-2003, 01:46
Nope - we tried Perkins once in Dallas but it has absolutely nothing for veggies on the menu so we don't bother trying anymore - Chilis just down the road from Perkins is our favourite (or one of them :))

chrisj
05-10-2003, 04:30
sorry forgot you are veggies, anyway your on holiday so stop loggin on and go and have some fun

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-10-2003, 06:00
LOL - I can't help logging in - I have a bad dose of forumitis :D

quote:Originally posted by chrisj

sorry forgot you are veggies, anyway your on holiday so stop loggin on and go and have some fun

chrisj
05-10-2003, 16:35
Well the suns out here were off to sit outside the Marina and have a drink and let the kids
go fishing.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-10-2003, 16:48
The sun is just coming up here too - off to Kennedy Space Center today - really looking forward to it as we've not been for years and the children are old enough to really appreciate it :)

chrisj
05-10-2003, 19:57
We didnt manage it this year, but next year we are going to visit. What was a shame was during our
trip there was 2 launches scheduled, one the first week and one the second, but obviously they were
cancelled.

Saw a launch in 1989, WOW is all I can think of saying.

Anyway as your in crescent lakes, hows the building going at the entrance ?, and is there going to be
a publix there like I was told, Also were staying in Aster Cove next year, where is it in relation to
say Orchid Edge where I know .

chrizzy100
05-10-2003, 22:35
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

The sun is just coming up here too - off to Kennedy Space Center today - really looking forward to it as we've not been for years and the children are old enough to really appreciate it :)

I love Kennedy...I wanted to send my son to summer school there...but he was uninterested....his friends thought he was mad and they would of love to go.....
It unfair that you get to play....and we are painting decks...and lying patio....I can't wait to get to Orlando....then I'll just have painting and wallpapering and fitting lights and taps.....oh my the list goes on....LOL

Daniel Ramsey
06-10-2003, 00:12
Its a shame that there was the Columbia tragedy, my son and I would have very much wanted to see a shuttle launch during our stay in january. Anyway please post your trip details John so at least I can hear of your trip to the Cape, its on our "must see" list.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-10-2003, 06:00
Chris:

The new community opposite the entrance to CL looks just the same as it did when we were here in April...just a big expanse of bulldoxed earth with no buildings in site at all.

Daniel:

Just back in from the day out - we paid for the Combo Max tickets (got very carried away - cost a fortune) - these are the Max ticket with the up-close extra tour included.

All I can say is it was well worth the money. The guide on the extra tour was very good and answered all my techie questions. Also you get to get a LOT nearer things than on the standard tour...you get to get our of the bus at a seaftront location between launch pads 39a and 39b - the bus then includes right up to the base of both launchpads, a photo opportunity by the shuttle assembly building, the shuttle landing facility and lots of other behind the scenes stuff like the boneyard where sections of the originbal Appollo gantry and laying rusting away.

The tour lasts 2 hours after which you join up with the normal tour at the Appollo 5 building.

Then moved to the astronauts hall of fame and tried my hand at landing a Space Shuttle as KSC with their simulator...got it onto the runway first attempt but made a bad landing and crashed it...second time lucky though - not much different then landing a normal light single except much faster, very much steeper approach and a HUGE flare to land :).

Fantastic day out - not enjoyed myself for so much for ages - children loved it too as they got to see loads of rockets and get inside them.

Daniel Ramsey
06-10-2003, 07:44
E-mail me what that special pass cost you John, sounds just like what I need for my son and I.
I remember "Space Cowboys" and how they were also doing the sim of a "flying brick":Dlanding.I'm having my son for two weeks just us together on vacation before the rest of the family shows up and we want to go see and do really special stuff, he doesn't get much time with me the rest of the year cause I'm working.
Any ideas what if any PS2 games are at the villa? We may bring some along.

chrisj
06-10-2003, 13:39
Sounds as though you had fun, when we went in 89 the tour took you to the launch pads.

Mind you we are going to go next year

langley
07-10-2003, 13:36
Hi All

We ate breakfast at Perkins on the 192 just because it was a short drive from Cresant Lakes, it had plenty of things on the menu to choose from.

Our meal was nice. (Not sure about the veggies Side of it Though !!!!)

Carol & Rob

chrisj
07-10-2003, 14:33
We only managed to get their once, everyday as we drove past I always said we should try
it, we managed it on our last night and thought the food was excellent

TandMe
06-11-2003, 11:51
Chris, Our home is in Aster Cove. After you pass Orchid Edge, turn left (at Oak Park) and then turn right into Aster Cove.:)

chrisj
06-11-2003, 13:48
Thanks Judy

Actually I think you've been speaking to my wife, Its your Villa she's booked :):)