PDA

View Full Version : 4X4 - Durango

Linicia
31-07-2007, 15:32
We ordered a 4x4 on a previous visit and got a Durango. This was through Dollar. We are going again in October and want a Durango again. I now think the one we had previously was an upgrade, although no one mentioned this at the Dollar desk. What should we order to make sure we get one this time? We would like to go through Dollar as we have the Express card and have always found them good.

roger
31-07-2007, 17:12
Please see http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/faq-vehicles.aspx#60 for details

Linicia
31-07-2007, 17:33
Thanks for that link Roger, as I suspected we must have had a free upgrade last time. We were there for over a month on that occasion and again this time will be there for four weeks. Do you have any feedback on whether the length of hire affects the opportunity for a free upgrade? Hubby will be just as pleased with a Jeep Cherokee as he used to have one and misses it.

roger
31-07-2007, 19:36
There is no pattern to free upgrades. More often then not, they are chargeable. It all depends on who you get on the desk, how busy it is, and your attitude. Some people almost demand a free upgrade and ask the rep in such a way as to get their backs up, so they are charged.

From feedback we have received, $10 per day seems to be the typical amount most people can barter down to.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Linicia
Thanks for that link Roger, as I suspected we must have had a free upgrade last time. We were there for over a month on that occasion and again this time will be there for four weeks. Do you have any feedback on whether the length of hire affects the opportunity for a free upgrade? Hubby will be just as pleased with a Jeep Cherokee as he used to have one and misses it.
[/quote]

Kazzie
01-08-2007, 02:10
We were over for just a fortnight and had booked a 4x4 with Dollar. The man at the desk (Sanford) asked if I would like to upgrade to the Durango which I refused and lo and behold they didnt have the normal Jeep Grand Jerokee so we were upgraded free to the Durango. There was just me and my 11 year old daughter that time, so next time we hoped for the same but didnt get upgraded at all, in fact we didnt even get the car we had ordered, it was much smaller than we had paid for. Roger kindly sorted that for us and we got a refund for the days that we were with the smaller car.[msnsmile]

Karen

Sally D
01-08-2007, 14:17
We also got upgraded last October to a Durango, first time ever. No one said anything to us but we heard them on the phone talking in spanish and heard the word durango. Lovely brand new one waiting for us with only 4 miles on the clock[clap]