PDA

View Full Version : Weather

DAFF
28-07-2007, 17:32
Hi All,

I have heard the weather in Orlando is awful at the moment, just like here.

We go on Thursday and can't bear the thought of not seeing some sun this Summer.

Thanks
Sue

GrahamC
28-07-2007, 18:31
At the moment I am sitting on my pool deck in bright sunshine, on a typical Florida morning.

We had some heavy rain for about an hour a few days ago, but apart from that the weather is normal. The temp is in the low 90's, and you may or may not get caught in the odd afternoon rains. We have missed them for the last 3 days.

Do not believe all you read. You will see lots of sun if my rapidly improving tan is anything to go by.

DAFF
28-07-2007, 18:33
Thank you Graham, You have made my day:D

Sue

ellie
28-07-2007, 18:42
Well the weather is absolutely awful here, cloudy, rainy and cold.......unfortunately I am not in Florida where apart from a few thunderstorms, typical at this time of year, it is beautifully hot. So where would I rather be.......? ;)

roger
28-07-2007, 18:55
The problem when you see the Florida forcast is that it usually just says 'Thunder Storms' each day. Whilst this is true, what it doesnt usually make clear is the fact that almost every afternoon for an hour or so there is rain and a thunderstorm. The rest of the day is beautiful sunshine.

This is very typical of this time of year, and the afternoon storm is a welcome break from the sun. It also usually empties the parks, so if you stick around in a park until after the rain then you get to go on the rides a lot quicker.

Genie
28-07-2007, 19:35
I just spoke to my guests that arrived yesterday and they were sitting out on the deck, the kids were in the pool and they said it was wonderful !!!![msncool]

rosie
28-07-2007, 19:57
Fab weather here too [msncool] Just about to jump in the pool.

As Roger says the weather forecast always looks worse than it actually is because of the afternoon showers, but even those can be confined to a very small area. Last week it rained on half the pool deck, literally half of it, and the other half was dry.

Depending on where you are you may or may not see a shower in the afternoon.

You'll have a fab time so don't worry about the weather, they are no better at predicting it here than at home [msnwink]

CERICROWLEY
28-07-2007, 22:34
The weather forecasters as usual will always put a stint of 60% chance of isolated thunderstorms. but they can never say exactly where, Orlando is such a huge place, you may well get a thunderstorm in Davenport but in Disney about a rough 10 miles away, it is still bright and sunny. They do as usuall cover all the bases, so to speak.

For the past three days, I have been wearing a vest like t-shirt and boy am I paying for it today, I have had to cover up in a sleeved t-shirt, as I am now quite red. and that was just a casual walk around the Fantasia golf yesterday. Don't be lurved into if the sun is not shining, you will not burn, I can say you definitely will. Just done AK this morning, and I was very glad to do the Kali River Rapids, to get a soaking and cool off.

Enjoy your stay, but always remember slip, slop, slap at all times.

wrpac00
29-07-2007, 04:11
Really hot and sunny up till 2pm then thunderstorm and rain, hasn't really cleared up and its now 7:10pm.

MarkJan
29-07-2007, 11:36
At least when it rains in Florida, it is usually for a short while and the paths and roads dry within the hour. Unlike over here, I'm growing webbed fingers!!

Mr G
29-07-2007, 17:21
I am sat in Turkey at the moment and it is red hot.

I would love a Thunderstorm right now[msneek]

pepsi
29-07-2007, 20:19
We have had quite a nice day here in Debyshire. At least this weekend we have seen some sunshine and I have managed to actually get a load of washing dry outside - now that really is amazing!!!!

Nina A
29-07-2007, 21:39
Sue, If you Google wesh, then click on weather plus you can get a video weather forecast, plus check out the web cams (on the right of the page). There are 5 to choose from around Orlando plus 1 at Daytona and 1 at Cape Canaveral.

It's how I get my sunshine fix when it's grey here [8D] :D

29-07-2007, 23:22
I have the Universal webcam on my desktop and its raining at the moment[msnsad]

CarolAnn
29-07-2007, 23:28
Probably an afternoon shower Julie, and as others have said it could well be sunny in Davenport at the moment[msnwink][msncool]

30-07-2007, 01:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Probably an afternoon shower Julie, and as others have said it could well be sunny in Davenport at the moment[msnwink][msncool]
[/quote]

Oh Yes I am sure it just looked so dark and wet for a few minutes but is sunny again now[msnwink]

trevlad
30-07-2007, 01:34
no, twas rain julie you were right. local weather is 89 - 91 for next 4/5 days with unusual above average chance of rain 70%.
but as is often said it can rain on the us 27 and be dry at sea world or just overcast.

today sunday was hot this morning we did animal kingdom - was too hot we left for disney macdonalds at midday then by the time we got back to the highgrove villa it was bucketing down, same thing yest after lunch at wet n wild. but tuesday thru friday were hot and sunny with just a quick down pour on thursday pm which we sat out in the mgm car park after another scorcher at typhoon lagoon

monday and tuesday are forecasted cloudy with rain all day at present.

right now its humid 89 and overcast but no rain.

to be honest its not the end of the world when its not blistering sun, sometimes it just gets too hot!

the forecasters are starting to hedge their bets regarding a hurricane, as there has been no major storms yet this year [msnsmile2] and last year also was below average.we are now mid point in the june september hurricane season and so far they only mention that the sea is warming up from africa, but good news that nothings brewing

hopefully after the bad year a few years ago we will get another good un[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

30-07-2007, 02:10
Trev we are out from the 9th August and I don't want any talk of hurricanes as we were out there in 2004 and got hit by Charley.

We have been going in August since 1983 so we are well used to the pm storms and down pour though[msnwink]

Nina A
30-07-2007, 02:47
At least the rain is warm out there [msnwink]. Just about to put the blanket back on the bed as the forecast says it will be cold tonight [msnsad]

trevlad
30-07-2007, 21:21
nina by 7pm last night (midnight uk) it had cleared again and was back at 85c+ !!!we had a great night visit to magic kingdom which was open to midnight last night - finishing with small world ! still humming that wonderful tune[msnscared]

today was sunny first thing then cloudy and now its a baking 90c with fluffy british clouds (midday). sorry about the blankets nina
[msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
30-07-2007, 22:01
We had some really wet days last week...never seen so much rain...we had more in a few hours than I see all year in MA...storms have been really bad this year all over the USA near enough...we had to take the long way round to get home yesterday the East coast has storms most of the way up...ended up in Canada to fly around them...we had a few really nice days...not humid which I like...its the first time I've been in FL when it has T-storms...had to watch them as we lost cable..

trevlad
02-08-2007, 21:45
hopefully you got more on the way chrizzy[msnsmile2]. its been raining in fl now nearly 24hrs but they say its movin nth for the weekend!!

chrizzy100
02-08-2007, 23:46
We could do with some rain...I can't get used to dry hot summers...