PDA

View Full Version : suv hire

m1ke
30-09-2003, 01:24
hi, just a quick query about the car hire link on this site, they say the 4x4 suv vehicle they use is a dodge ram 3500 which i thought was a pick-up if not any links to info on this vehicle would be appreciated . do dollar not use cherokee laramies?, which I thought they would be if this link does use dollar rental as they state. this post might seem a bit picky or trivial but I am quite fussy as to what vehicles i would drive.

p:s The price from this site is about £260.00 cheaper than tcd have quoted me so i would like to use this site link. thanks in advance .Mike

chrizzy100
30-09-2003, 01:43
quote:Originally posted by m1ke

hi, just a quick query about the car hire link on this site, they say the 4x4 suv vehicle they use is a dodge ram 3500 which i thought was a pick-up if not any links to info on this vehicle would be appreciated . do dollar not use cherokee laramies?, which I thought they would be if this link does use dollar rental as they state. this post might seem a bit picky or trivial but I am quite fussy as to what vehicles i would drive.

p:s The price from this site is about £260.00 cheaper than tcd have quoted me so i would like to use this site link. thanks in advance .Mike

Well here is a link.....

http://www.dodge.com/dakota/index.html?context=srt-10-index&type=top
But I also think Dodge Ram is a pick up and not a SUV......

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
30-09-2003, 02:05
Hi Mike

Thanks for pointing that out for us...the 4x4 should have read Jeep Cherokee as the Ram 3500 is one of those huge minivan's that seats 12-15 people. I've now changed the site to show the correct description of the car.

We'll check with Dollar tomorrow about the car type it is likely to be although they usually guarantee a car in the class you have booked but not the exact car type. I can confirm that all our car hire is definitely through Dollar and the price you were quoted is the price you pay.

m1ke
30-09-2003, 02:09
Yet again my questions answered :D, thanks a bunch guys and gals you just saved me £260:D[8D]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
30-09-2003, 02:14
No problem Mike - that's some markup on the car hire they are making out of their guests :(.

chrisj
30-09-2003, 02:21
They do mark up John, my quote for 3 weeks was £900 for a 7 seater mini van, from here
it was £660

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
30-09-2003, 02:23
Wow - that's good money if you can persuade people to pay it - just goes to show you can save a fortune by shopping around :).

chrisj
30-09-2003, 02:35
they rely on the fact that people cant be bothered to shop around, Im always amazed at
the mark up. Like many others we just payed up, but a few years ago started to shop around
and its amazing what sort of holiday you can afford when you do shop around