PDA

View Full Version : Nikki's Trip Report - Part One!!

niccola27
24-07-2007, 12:21
Florida Holiday Part 1

Cast Me – Nikki –
Kevin – My other half
Becky – Friend
Dicky – Becky’s other half
Pete – Friend
Carol – Pete’s Other half

Tuesday 26th June – we all arrive at Gatwick airport excited – it’s cold it’s early, but none of that matters as holiday time has finally arrived. Drop cars off, get coach to terminal and check in. This will be my fourth holiday in Florida but none of the others have been before so they have no idea how much fun and excitement lays before them!
Have the best scrambled eggs on toast I’ve had in ages and watch the news about the terrible flooding in Northern England whilst in the Village Inn wetherspoons at Gatwick. Carol starts holiday as she means to go on – with a Bacardi and coke – it’s 7.30 in the morning!!
Flight is ok – I’m not a great flyer and when the electrics went 3 hours into the flight causing all the tv’s to go up etc, I did have a mini panic!! Kev calmed me down as much as possible – then a 7 year old glares at me giving me the “grow up” look. I decide to act my age rather then my shoe size.
Land safely in Sanford get minivan and are on our way to our villa.
Arrive at villa dump cases and go straight out to Publix to get supplies – mainly beer - and giant beer at that (see photo of bigger then my head can of beer!!)

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/niccola27/2007724102229_HPIM0572.JPG
Have a lovely night sat around table outside by pool planning our time ahead…

Wednesday – leave Kev in bed as too excited to sleep – go outside by pool to discover that Pete & Carol are also too excited too sleep. All watch sun come up whilst having breakfast. Kev, Dicky & Becky finally drag themselves out of bed – there again it is only half six in the morning!!
Have lazy morning by pool trying to get as tanned as possible to try and “fit in” and not look like we had just arrived. Go to the Florida mall and between the 6 of us buy around $500 worth of clothes in half an hour!
Get back to villa, shower and get ready and then off to Perkins for a great dinner, a great waiter and hurty ribs from laughing so hard – our server J.R was so so funny!!

Thursday – Park Day – we’d all decided to start off at Universal Studios, which I think is most probably my favourite park. The five others have no idea what to expect so I think that twister is probably a nice safe place to start – I thought Carol was going to wee herself laughing when we got soaked at the end!
Next onto earthquake, Jaws (Pete actually tried to hide behind me when the big scary shark attacked!!) and men in black and then lunch. In my Brit’s guide to Orlando book it tells you that on the men in black ride – when you meet the giant cockroach – press the red button and you will get 100,000 bonus points. I was feeling deliciously smug as we came around the corner on the ride and I saw the giant cockroach – then I pressed the red button on the actual gun and nothing happened as I had pressed the wrong one. Turns out that I wouldn’t have won any way as everyone else had read the tip in my book and they had all pressed the correct red button located on the panel where your score is display. Only a stupid game anyway.
The afternoon flew by with a little help from the horror make up show (which was even funnier then I remembered it being), Beetle juice, Shrek, The Blues Brothers, The Terminator and that fab sweet shop that sells giant cookies. In my opinion the chocolate chip cookie is worth the airfare alone!! We look around city walk, buy a t-shirt from the Hard Rock Café and then head back to the car – all tired and contented! By ten that evening everyone is in bed fast asleep!

LiesaAnna
24-07-2007, 12:25
brillliant start Nikki, well done, looking forward to the next........

nice pic Nikki (you?)

mizzy
24-07-2007, 14:10
great start Nikki [msnsmile]

mfairhurst
24-07-2007, 14:26
You seem to be enjoying yourself [sporty].
Have many more days lke that it is like we are all children when we go to FLORIDA ,Nice to miss the weather we are getting here and more to come [msnmad]
Enjoy the rest of your vacation .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

kokomo
24-07-2007, 15:43
I love Universal Studios.

Thanks for the report Nikki.

Janice

Sue and Jere
24-07-2007, 18:50
Great start Nikki !!

kimwo
24-07-2007, 21:21
Love the report keep them coming[clap]

Kim

eagleydo
24-07-2007, 23:08
Great beginning, more....more......:D

jackie greaves
27-07-2007, 19:07
Great report Nikki, looking forward to reading the others now.