TheThommos
24-07-2007, 01:53
Hi Everyone - hope you are all well?

GHDs - will they work in Florida?

Thanks

Jay

Ana
28-07-2007, 21:18
They work - but they don't seem to get as hot as they do in the UK. Still work better than most cheap straighteners though [msnsmile]

28-07-2007, 22:23
Mine work OK, always have and I am on my 2nd pair[msnwink]

bushbaby
29-07-2007, 01:24
the latest ghd mark 4 does work at full heat on all voltages
I know we sell them

bushbaby

annette_tr9
30-07-2007, 03:31
so...........if you bought ghd's in orlando and had an adaptor...

would they work back here??

and are they cheap over there?

Nikki D
30-07-2007, 10:57
In the Florida Mall one of the stalls were selling hair straighteners and they were saying they where better than G.H.D's and they were dual voltage they wee $130. They did a really good job as she had my hair whipped out in no time to show me how good they were. She said the plates were different from the GHD's also better. I was tempted but thought my own are only four months old and dont need two. Bushbaby have the plates changed on the GHD's I cannot remember what she said the plates were but she said they were the next generation out.
I also gave up straightening my hair in florida as its so hot there at the mo an hour in the sun and im all frizzy again.

bushbaby
30-07-2007, 16:21
The new ghd plates are made from tourmaline the newest material
available.
the ones in florida mall are coriollis also tourmaline
they sell for £55 + VAT in the uk.
ghd are £99 + vat
I also got asked in florida mall did I want to purchase some.
I asked a few too many technical questions she soon left me alone.

bushbaby

Nikki D
31-07-2007, 20:18
I must of had a look about me that day. After I managed to fight the lady of with the straighteners I was grabbed by another stall holder and before I knew it I had allsorts of hair extentions in and glittery slides. My daughter was not helping by saying oh Mum you look lovely. I dont know how I got away from that stall empty handed. Though further along I was a bit upset I didnt get asked to try on a spandex all in one. [msnsmile2]

jovi
31-07-2007, 22:30
I got grabbed by a lady in the Florida Mall also, I had a shower on the morning, left my hair to dry and just put it up to goto the Mall, she soon had my hair elastic off and was straightening away, I actually ended up buying a pair of the Corioliss, I got them for $95 in the end after a bit of bargaining, I am really pleased with them[msnsmile2]
I had a pair of Nicky Clarke straighteners for xmas last year and have already had to take them back to exchange twice, but they do for our caravan I suppose. I did take them to Florida with us, but they wouldn't come on at all!![msnmad]

jovi
01-08-2007, 16:58
"I got them for $95 in the end after a bit of bargaining, I am really pleased with them"

I spoke too soon, come to use them this morning and they won't come on[msnmad]
I have phoned the U.K number on the box, I have now got to send them to the Surrey address and they will be in touch!!
Has anyone got any ideas what might be the problem?

blott
01-08-2007, 19:46
The fuse in the plug?

jovi
01-08-2007, 20:53
I'll try to look, I did think of that, but this adaptor has 3 parts to it[msnmad] There is the 2 prongs that come from the straighteners (flat) These go into another 2 pronged adaptor (rounded) Which go into the adaptor for U.K sockets[msneek]

Just managed to undo top of u.k adaptor, there is a clear fuse, is there any way of telling if this has gone? Or do I try to get one and try that?