PDA

View Full Version : Unpaid Toll Notice - Can anyone please help?

cufc
23-07-2007, 15:35
Hope someone can help???

On our journey from the airport to villa on 14/06/07 we went through a toll on the 417 - we threw 50c into the bin (have to say it didn't look "right"), but couldn't find anywhere else to pay, so had to go through the red light.

Today, back in England, we've received an Unpaid Toll Notice for the 50c. However it was issued by FDOT on 3/7/07, and sent from Alamo to us on 18/7/07, arriving today. There's a form and return envelope. However it has to be paid by tomorrow, otherwise a Uniform Traffic Citation will be issued.

I'vr searched the web, but cannot find an automatic payment method for Unpaid Toll Notices (there are some for Citations/Tickets etc.)

Do any experts out there have any advice?

Many thanks in advance

Clare R
23-07-2007, 15:56
try:-

http://www.sunpass.com/violationsnoncustomers.cfm

andrewandcarole
23-07-2007, 16:00
Kevin

This happened to my daughter and I do recall finding a web page with instructions. She had got on the wrong road at the airport and drove thourgh a red light. We sent a cheque for $1 to the address on the website before they had chance to issue a notice to us.

Your best be is to pay it direct to the address on the notice by cheque.

Carole

ujpest doza
23-07-2007, 20:56
I cannot believe they have gone to such expense for the sake of $0.50.

I had a similar problem at the exit (unmanned) toll booth from the 417 at Celebration the last time we were in Florida. I'm sure the toll was only $0.25 but i put the money in the bucket and nothing happened, the light stayed red. I drove through and the alarms went off but i heard nothing more. I assume Alamo just paid the $0.25 if it was ever reported to them.

cufc
23-07-2007, 21:18
I can't believe it for 50c either! It must cost much more to process.

Anyway, I've finally found a number for Sunpass (001 561 470 6650 x7501 for anyone's future reference). The automated system assumes you are a Sunpass customer, but if you don't press any buttons you get to speak to a person!

They have lengthened the due date for 1 week. However, cannot take cc payment as their systems are down. Also tell me that if I complete the form, as requested, with cc details, then they can't be taken either and I will automatically receive a $25 citation!

I could send them a cheque, but they found it hard to understand that I am unable to send a USD cheque from my English bank!

I've got some traveller's cheques left, but smallest amount is $50, they say they will accept that! If it gets there in time then they won't issue a citation. If they do, do you think they'll take it from the $50 tc?

All because we couldn't work out where to put the money (have been to Florida 9 times, so don't think it's us? think it was a "manned" booth, that they'd left the green light on above?)

There was no way she was going to cancel the notice - think I'll call again and see if I get anyone a bit more reasonable

rosie
23-07-2007, 22:33
Kevin, I have DM'd you [msnsmile]

cufc
23-07-2007, 23:29
Rosie - you are an angel!

I have e-mailed you

Many, many thanks for your help,

rosie
24-07-2007, 00:00
All sorted Kevin, glad I was able to help [msnsmile]

Nikki D
24-07-2007, 01:23
Hope I dont end up with any we had two red lights one on the 417 one on the way to the loop.[msnscared] I even payed one day at a booth and was so eager I went on without waiting for the green light and heared the alarm go off behind us[msnembarrased]

E. Cosgrove
24-07-2007, 02:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by cufc

I have e-mailed you

Kevin
[/quote]
She most certainly is Kevin[msnsmile2]

I know that however she has got you sorted she will have gone above and beyond the call of duty 'cos that's just the sort of person she is.....well done Rose[clap][clap][clap]

britprincess
25-07-2007, 14:42
We were there in March and we paid our toll money ( it was one where you just throw your 75cents in) and the thank you light didnt come on so i thought that it might not be working so we drove on and then tht alarms went off - but becasue there was no toll attendants there, There was nothing we could do really...........

we were expecting a letter or something from them when we got home but we didnt hear anything!!!

CarolAnn
25-07-2007, 22:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by cufc

I have e-mailed you

Kevin
[/quote]
She most certainly is Kevin[msnsmile2]

I know that however she has got you sorted she will have gone above and beyond the call of duty 'cos that's just the sort of person she is.....well done Rose[clap][clap][clap]
[/quote]

Well said Liz!! [clap][clap][clap]

ravtino
26-07-2007, 03:03
Isen't it nice when people help one another, not enough of that in todays world[msnsmile]

greenpete
02-08-2007, 01:10
OMG, we had the same thing happen on the celebration exit from the 417. Threw the money in and drove through but it did not register and the alarm went off. I saw a camera flash behind me. But that was last november !. We assumed we would hear something but have never received anything from Dollar or authorities, I hope we do not find we are blocked from entering the US due to outstanding fines etc [msncry]

Albert the Frog
02-08-2007, 13:13
The first time we ever went to Florida we went through a toll on the 417 that wanted 25c and all I had was a $20 bill. Being a bit green I stopped looking for a person or a change machine but couldn't find either. I then went to the unmanned booth and waved my $20 in front of what I thought was a camera mouthing the words "I've got no change" and shrugging my shoulders. I then drove off and waited to hear something through the post. I bet anybody watching that tape had a laugh at the stupid Brit.
The next time we visited the States I was half expecting to be stopped at immigration-now that's paranoia!![msnsmile2]

thornton
02-08-2007, 17:17
We asked about this at Dollar and they said it really depended upon who was dealing with the mail and the mood they were in at the time if they forwarded them on to the renters. Otherwise they just dealt with it. I assume from that they paid the fine or perhaps they have an arrangement with the authorities.

trevlad
02-08-2007, 21:42
we didnt have any coin change last week when we used the 417 from the airport but they actually have a slot for putting dollar bills into then getting change. mustve put itin since june a suppose

chrizzy100
02-08-2007, 23:44
We never heard anything we did did it....and it was in our own car...we put about a $1.50 in the bucket and it still stayed red....

Tonish
24-10-2007, 04:04
I think you've been unlucky - I went through a Sunpass toll without paying about 2 years ago (not deliberately) and never heard anything. It could be that car rental companies have different attitudes to this, I think at the time I was with Dollar.

andy_d
28-10-2007, 19:10
I'm waiting to see if we're in trouble. We got onto the Turnpike by mistake and the next sliproad to get off said only for Sunpass users and was too late to go back to the lane!

cufc
11-03-2008, 02:02
With grateful thanks to Rosie, we arrived back on Friday and were allowed in!!