PDA

View Full Version : Arabian Nights

ctgirlscout
28-09-2003, 21:55
Just wanted to comment that we attended the Arabian Nights dinner show in July, and it was wonderful! I have been told the show has been rated #1 in the area, and I definitely think it is worth seeing if you are looking for an evening activity. My 12-year-old daughter, who has horses on the brain, was especially thrilled with it. :)

phaedra
29-09-2003, 02:50
Hi :)

We went in December 2002 and although my wife and daughter enjoyed the show (they are horse mad!) we all thought the meals were extremely poor, very chewy meat and under cooked vegetables etc.

Were yours OK?, we had been told by a friend who lives in Spring Hill (nr Tampa) that her friends had gone in November and all been very poorly afterwards, of course she only told us this after we had bought the tickets!.

ctgirlscout
29-09-2003, 06:44
Our meals were OK, not spectacular, and you only get a choice of, I think, three entrees. I had the beef, and mine was good, and I don't recall any problem with the vegetables. I've had much better meals,(and much worse), but we went for the show, primarily, which was great.

Maureen Edwards
29-09-2003, 17:50
Phaedra, We went last October and although the show is good, especially for horse lovers! Our food was dreadful, I had the beef and couldn't eat any of it. It was so bad, it put me off the rest of the meal. From listening to other people who have visited, the food never gets good reviews! And did you find the drinks really expensive??

sunshine state
29-09-2003, 18:25
I have to agree not a bad show but the food was dreadful.

phaedra
29-09-2003, 21:30
Hi Maureen, to be honest we were the same as you, the food was so bad it put us off anything else so we didn't buy any extra drinks etc.

I must add (and I am embarrased to say this) this was the only time we haven't left a tip, I was going to (honest!) but my father in law was so annoyed with the quality that after reading the little sheet they give you with suggested tipping rates he insisted I didn't and told our waiter exactly why![}:)]

Jeff :)

Chris7
29-09-2003, 22:33
Jeff - "I was going to" - WHY?

Since the food seems to be generally regarded as bad, what are you tipping?

It may not be the waiter's fault that the food is poor, but if the show was good, shouldn't you be tipping the horse:D

ctgirlscout
30-09-2003, 00:01
I thought the suggested tipping amount was way off. The tip was figured on the full ticket price, and you should only be tipping on the food portion, not the show. We left a tip, but not nearly what they suggested.

mikewj
30-09-2003, 00:25
Sorry Chris, I just have this image in my head of a group of guests trying to tip a horse up....dunno why.....think I'm starting to lose it !!!;)

Mike

chrizzy100
30-09-2003, 00:42
quote:Originally posted by phaedra

Hi Maureen, to be honest we were the same as you, the food was so bad it put us off anything else so we didn't buy any extra drinks etc.

I must add (and I am embarrased to say this) this was the only time we haven't left a tip, I was going to (honest!) but my father in law was so annoyed with the quality that after reading the little sheet they give you with suggested tipping rates he insisted I didn't and told our waiter exactly why![}:)]

Jeff :)

We did the same at the wild west show.....I've always left a tip....but they wanted something way over the top for just pouring beans onto a plate....so no-one on our table left any tips.....you do feel bad....but the food was not that great to start with......

Chris7
30-09-2003, 00:48
I wouldn't tip anywhere that thought it appropriate to suggest an amount. It's a bit like saying you can get me a christmas present but it should cost at least $20. The best tip those waiters could get is "find a job where they value you enough to pay you a living wage!";)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
30-09-2003, 01:01
I find it offemsive where somewhere suggests a tip to leave. It's one thing giving a quick guide on tipping for tourists who would not otherwise know but an entirely different thing actually suggesting something else.

quote:Originally posted by Chris7

I wouldn't tip anywhere that thought it appropriate to suggest an amount. It's a bit like saying you can get me a christmas present but it should cost at least $20. The best tip those waiters could get is "find a job where they value you enough to pay you a living wage!";)

chrizzy100
30-09-2003, 01:28
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

I find it offemsive where somewhere suggests a tip to leave. It's one thing giving a quick guide on tipping for tourists who would not otherwise know but an entirely different thing actually suggesting something else.

We had one person serving a table of around 15 or more....so the food was cold.....and not that nice.....the foods not the fault of the server....but I want to give a tip on the service I get....I don't like being told......

Maureen Edwards
30-09-2003, 02:04
We went for a meal in a restaurant at Church Street Station a couple of years back and at the end of the meal the waiter bought our bill and handwritten in ink in very large capitol letters was' The suggested amount for a tip is between 15% - 20%' he then had the nerve to write ' this works out to $xx dollars' I was fuming. I always tip and tip well as my daughter used to waitress whilst going through college and always think that could be our child working late hours etc, but that took the biscuit. The insult of first of all telling me what % but then to add insult to injury to actually work it out for me[}:)] Did he think I was thick, so I did leave a tip and wrote in pen this is 5% of the bill for your cheek;)

phaedra
30-09-2003, 03:14
I normally tip, as was said above it's not the waiters fault that the chef can't cook :D

The amount suggested on the sheet was way out of proportion, I can't remember the exact amount but I think it was suggested we leave about $10 per adult and $5 per child which for us would have been $65[:0]