PDA

View Full Version : I've only ever been to Disney - help me out!

thefabuloustigger
18-07-2007, 15:45
I'd be grateful for some pointers if you can!

We went to Florida for the first time last year and we only took our 5 year old daughter to all of the Disney Parks with her elderly greatgrandparents. We are looking for something a bit more adventurous and we have car hire this year. Is there anything you can recommend for buying tickets, car parking, planning our 14 days away? We are taking my mother in law this year and she too likes the rides. We still want to do the Disney Parks, but not the waterparks and only for about 4/5 days (a day in each one and maybe 2 in the Magic Kingdom).

:)

wrpac00
18-07-2007, 16:04
Why not try Seaworld, universal & Islands of Adventure.

thefabuloustigger
18-07-2007, 16:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
Why not try Seaworld, universal & Islands of Adventure.
[/quote]

We want to, but is there any good deals you can get on tickets etc? We want to go to Aquatica, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Universal and any others people may suggest are good.

Also, does anyone know if you can pay just to watch Fantasmic and not have to stay at MGM all day?

dawn
18-07-2007, 16:34
Try the following - great deals on tickets, and excellent customer service as well

www.park-tickets.com

caroline
18-07-2007, 16:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by thefabuloustigger

[iAlso, does anyone know if you can pay just to watch Fantasmic and not have to stay at MGM all day?

You can't pay just to watch fatasmic but if you buy a hopper ticket then you can do a different Disney park during the day and just pop into MGM for the evening.

mfairhurst
18-07-2007, 16:55
What about UNIVERSEL STUDIOS you can see how a film is made and there are lots of things going on all day .
I am sure you will enjoy your next visit and many more to come as we all do .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

DiannaUK
18-07-2007, 17:22
Kennedy Space Centre is also worth a visit.

Dianna

Albert the Frog
18-07-2007, 17:59
There is a ticket available on this site-I've checked the prices and they are pretty much of a muchness but here you know that the people are genuine-anyway it is the Orlando Flexticket that gives you unlimited access to Universal Studios;Islands of Adventure;Wet n Wild; Busch Gardens and Seaworld-my absolute favourites.
The actual parks have been discussed many times but there seems to be a misconception that they only have massive rides-I don't like anything like that but love the theming and many,many of the rides- a 5 year old would IMO love Cartoon Island, Super Hero Island, Jurassic Park-Dr Seuss island -in fact any of them!-I'm not an animal person but love Seaworld, and Busch Gardens has got to be experienced.
It's been said many times before but you'd need far more than 1,2 or 3 visits to check everything out but I am still amazed that people who have been many times have never been to any other parks than Disney.
Away from the parks altogether I've always found Boggy Creek Airboat Rides worth a visit and exceptional value-You get in an 8 seater airboat (with the fan at the back) and go and search for wildlife in it's natural habitat-great fun and incredibly interesting.

mfairhurst
18-07-2007, 19:03
There is a beach at OLD ST CLOUD well worth a afternoon and CRABBY BILLS restaurant a fish one so if you like fish you will enjoy take away or eat inside .
It is LAKE TOHO ther are pinic tables and you can walk to the end to look out at the wide lake also a marina .
It is all free so enjoy the views .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Nina A
18-07-2007, 19:22
Take a look at some of the guides on these sites, you'll find some great suggestions. I'd definitely recommend getting your tickets from here plus your car hire, we wouldn't dream of buying elsewhere.

If you want to see a fantastic show then Cirque du Soleil, La Nouba at Downtown Disney is well worth the money and enthralls all ages.

Have a greta time.

christhear
18-07-2007, 23:32
I notice that you mentioned going to Aquatica. From your post you are going this year so you wont be able to visit aquatica as it is not due to open until some time next year. An Orlando flex ticket gives you access to Univeral Islans of Adventure, Universal studios, Wet n' Wild and Seaworld. This ticket is really good value especially if you buy it from the link on this site.

Paula D-S
19-07-2007, 02:40
Cypress Gardens is also a great day out with little ones. Lovely gardens (you can even hire southern belle outfits for your little one), loads of rides and a refreshing water park. After visiting last year for the first time with my two girls aged 10 and 5 we will be going again.

thefabuloustigger
19-07-2007, 02:55
Ah thanks everyone. You've all been very helpful. I'm going to write everything down and try and plan our days. We wasted a lot of time last year deciding what to do and where to go.

Thanks again.

[msnsmile2]

x x x x x