PDA

View Full Version : Voucher-less

crews
16-07-2007, 05:22
Hi, I was looking to book a 4x4 on uscarhire through Alamo when I read the following...
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Alamo have switched over to a 'voucher-less' system whereby you now simply provide the booking reference and ID on collection of your car.[/quote]
I've had trouble with Alamo in the past when only presenting a reference number as it's easy for them to deny your rate includes various charges. They then insist on charging you for anything they say isn't included in the deal.

When booking through you do we get any confirmation of exactly what we've booked or is it only done by reference number now? What do we do when they try to charge for extras we think are included?

Thanks

Paul

roger
16-07-2007, 06:30
You really should not have a problem, as Alamo know exactly what you have booked by your reference number, and know what is included.

The only thing they are doing that is a little bit naughty is trying to push the extended road-side assistance upon customers. I stress again - this is optional and regardless of what the rep on the desk says, is not mandatory. Please see http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/faq-inclusions.aspx#126 for details.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by crews
Hi, I was looking to book a 4x4 on uscarhire through Alamo when I read the following...
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Alamo have switched over to a 'voucher-less' system whereby you now simply provide the booking reference and ID on collection of your car.[/quote]
I've had trouble with Alamo in the past when only presenting a reference number as it's easy for them to deny your rate includes various charges. They then insist on charging you for anything they say isn't included in the deal.

When booking through you do we get any confirmation of exactly what we've booked or is it only done by reference number now? What do we do when they try to charge for extras we think are included?

Thanks

Paul
[/quote]

crews
16-07-2007, 13:47
Thanks for that Roger,

Is there any way we get confirmation that we're booking a standard size SUV?
At Orlando airport Alamo quote for Compact and Midsize SUV's at comparable prices.

Sorry if I look a little paranoid - just trying to cover all their tricks!

Paul

crews
16-07-2007, 16:06
Sorry - I've just read the other posts properly (which I should have done first) and seen that it's the midsize SUV that's quoted on uscarhire.co.uk.

My mistake, apologies

Paul

bushbaby
17-07-2007, 00:38
booked and picked up from alamo a week ago standard suv.
which are Toyota Highlander's bigger than a rav4 but not as big as
large jeep.
Depends on how many people, we had 3 adults and two children and 4 bags.
any more would have been a squeeze.

bushbaby