PDA

View Full Version : Dollar

Nikki D
15-07-2007, 11:11
Hi just back yesterday and just wanted to let you know about my car pick up. When I got to the desk they were telling me I needed to pay an extra £35 for extra cover ie, flat tyre lost keys and so on when I eventually got through to the guy I did not want it he was very off with me which I was suprised at as I have never had that before. Car was great though, though huge for an intermediate. Also good on fuel.

pieman790
15-07-2007, 13:52
We picked our car up from alamo on Thursday and they were trying to sell me a similar package. They wanted i think $5 per day to cover things like flat tyres, broken windscreens etc. I thought that this was already covered? We declined this cover.

Katies Mum
15-07-2007, 13:58
Isn`t this the same kind of hard sell that Alamo have been doing lately? We have booked with Alamo via Roger.

Roger could you tell us what your views are on this, is it necessary? I know its the old question how long is a piece of string, but surely the cars are only weeks/months old?

bushbaby
15-07-2007, 15:28
I got back recently and had the same hard sell from alamo
the guy at the desk said it used to be included last year but now isn't.
Roger told me it is an extra policy which is unlikely to be needed
but the element of doubt is planted in your mind.
I think you are covered in the normal gold cover for roadside assistance if a breakdown occurs.
but not if the battery goes flat or a puncture or loss of keys etc.
Another way of extracting our hard earned dollars I feel !

bushbaby

Katies Mum
15-07-2007, 18:14
Hi,

Did you decide to take this out? or as you say you just feel `the element of doubt is planted` just enough to worry you.

roger
15-07-2007, 18:52
Please refer to this link on our site for details: http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/faq-inclusions.aspx#126

Some people choose to take the cover, but most dont. It is rarely needed. Personally I wouldn't take it.

Katies Mum
15-07-2007, 22:36
Thanks Roger.