PDA

View Full Version : Reddington beach?

jovi
13-07-2007, 18:43
Anyone heard of Reddington beach or been there?
We are thinking of going there today on reccomendations from my Brother's friends.

steph_goodrum
13-07-2007, 19:16
Vicky we've been there a couple of times and it is a nice beach. Not too busy but there are toilet facilities etc. There's a lot of nice beaches along that coast and we usually drive down towards Treasure Islan or St Petes and then work our way back up toward Tampa stopping where we feel like it.

mfairhurst
13-07-2007, 20:25
We stayed at REDDINGTON BEACH in a timeshare ,It is not as good as MADERIA and TREASURE ISLAND but there is a lovely ride all along the coast we call it the golden miles .
The beaches are white and are keep very clean .
They are doing JOHNS PASS bridge at the moment at TREASURE ISLAND and a little traffic hold up ,If you park up at JOHNS PASS you may see the dolfins or in the waterways at INDIAN ROCKS a place before TREASURE ISLAND
It is well worth a look for staying a short time in the future after you have been in a private villa .
ENJOY WE DO .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

ellie
13-07-2007, 20:26
We like Madeira Beach which is just below Reddington Beach, because nearby is the lovely John's Pass Boardwalk where there are some delightfully quaint shops and some great restaurants. And the beach never seems to get busy like Clearwater or other main areas. You can park right by the beach in special areas with parking meters.

andrewandcarole
13-07-2007, 22:27
Never stayed there but we do reguarly visit. Gorgeous stretch of sand and not as busy as other resorts.

John's Pass is a great place to while away some time - and the salmon in a bun at Sculleys on the boardwalk is highly recommended! If you sit outside you can watch the fishing boats come in and the pelicans being fed - and if you are very lucky catch sight of some dolphins too!

Carole

jovi
14-07-2007, 17:32
We went yesterday, sea was gorgeous, only prob was, I like to be able to rent chairs and beach umbrellas, for comfort, there was 1 shop were we parked, which only sold things, we brought 2 umbrellas $12.99 each, mine got caught in a gust of wind and fell apart!!
There was toilet facilities but little else, we stayed 3 hours then got caught in traffic back to villa, it tooks over 2 hours to get back, which for hubby was a very long and tiring drive.
Would do the beach again but perhaps another one.
Thanks for the info.

mollymolly
14-07-2007, 17:42
Vicky

Have you thought of trying a 2 centre holiday with a week at the beach? After a hectic week round the parks it is the ideal way to relax and unwind!

Most villa owners at the Gulf Coast provide beach umbrellas,chairs, cool boxes etc for beach visits. Plus hubby would only have to drive 10-15mins back to the villa. [msnwink]

Bernadette

ellie
14-07-2007, 18:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jovi
We went yesterday, sea was gorgeous, only prob was, I like to be able to rent chairs and beach umbrellas, for comfort, there was 1 shop were we parked, which only sold things, we brought 2 umbrellas $12.99 each, mine got caught in a gust of wind and fell apart!!
There was toilet facilities but little else, we stayed 3 hours then got caught in traffic back to villa, it tooks over 2 hours to get back, which for hubby was a very long and tiring drive.
Would do the beach again but perhaps another one.
Thanks for the info.
[/quote]

What a shame! We provide beach chairs and an umbrella for our guests to take with them, so we have never found it a problem.

There are many routes back from the beaches, and some are better than others, sorry to hear you got stuck in traffic.

We normally eat at John's Pass Village in the evening, and wander around the little shops, have a drink by the water and watch the pelicans as they dip and dive, so by the time we leave traffic is usually minimal.

rosegarden
20-09-2007, 17:50
Redington Beach, very nice. Has public beach parking, a few nice places to eat, Shells, Frog Pond - popular for breakfast, Conch Republic, lots of small places too. Easy access via Park Blvd, rather, I'd take that over the Madeira Causeway.

Any of those beaches around there are great, I prefer Indian Shores/Indian Rocks, more intimate, easier to park and walk to places and great access to I-275/I-4 via SR688 (Ulmerton)