PDA

View Full Version : Vista de Lago

jeff66
13-07-2007, 17:10
We are selling our place in Florida.

Now I need $81K for my house there. Which means around £40K at todays exchange rate! THAT IS MAD.

I do need to be paid in Dollars.. not sterling.

To see the house, goto [edited out]

Milly
13-07-2007, 18:11
Hi Jeff

I have just sent you a DM

Dianne

jeff66
13-07-2007, 18:17
OK Milly.... I have replied.

Jeff

McjohnjM
17-07-2007, 14:50
Please DM me with details.

Thanks
Kim

jonjayne
19-07-2007, 00:44
Jeff
We sent you a DM a few days ago but have not had a response?

Jon & Jayne

wrpac00
19-07-2007, 01:17
jonjayne, I don't think Jeff comes on the forum that often. I will send him an email for you.

anorak
19-07-2007, 09:42
Apparently the two bare details of the property I posted here contravene site policy so I have removed them.
I can never understand why sellers feel they have to be secretive about the most basic details of their property.
I thought I was helping but instead I broke yet another site rule I didn't even know about.

jeff66
19-07-2007, 12:54
Hi jonjayne, I have replied to your DM. Paul emailed me last night, I am sorry it took a while.

I see someone has posted here regarding a DM enquiry.... And he has posted some info. Although I thought a DM was supposed to be private!?

If you want to have a chat regarding the house, that is no problem. It's probably better to talk with me, rather than read someone else's "perhaps and maybes!" I will be more than happy to show you around the house when you are over. It really is a fantastic community! In fact it is the second home I have had there. When you hear our reason for selling, you will understand why, we are selling.

Best regards

Jeff

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-07-2007, 13:11
Just a polite reminder that the contents of DM's are intended to be private and should not be quoted on open forums without express permission of whoever wrote it.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by anorak
Jonjayne, I had a DM from the seller which mentioned that you are buying the home[/quote]

jeff66
19-07-2007, 13:16
I would like to say.... I DID NOT EVER mention that jonjayne was going to buy the home! I only saw the enquiry they made last night, after Paul sent me an email saying you had posted.

What I did say, was there was a lot of interest in this place. In fact I have about 8 serious enquiries.

Jeff

jeff66
01-08-2007, 03:15
We are here if anyone wants to veiw, Just send a DM to me, We are here til the 11th August, then back again on the 21st for a few days.
Or I can arrange for our PM to show you around at a later date.

Jeff

anorak
01-08-2007, 11:34
Jeff66 - The brief excerpt from my post is not in context - it did not say that Jonjayne is buying the home - although I agree it looks like that from the quoted part of the sentence - it actually said "you are buying the home but not the land" - which is I believe correct.
Using the word "you" to mean "anyone", not Jonjayne.
I am sorry if you were misled by someone quoting part of my post out of context. That was out of my control.

jeff66
01-08-2007, 18:00
You also said "I can never understand why sellers feel they have to be secretive about the most basic details of their property.
I thought I was helping but instead I broke yet another site rule I didn't even know about."

You are suggesting I am being secretive! I AM NOT! Do me a big favour please. Go away. You know nothing about me or my property.

This is a great little home, we love this community, it is the secound home we have owned on this community! We are only selling as we are emigrating to Canada. A legit reason I think!

Jeff

anorak
02-08-2007, 11:59
Jeff please do not be so aggressive, you are correct I know nothing about your property, thats because you are not being up front to me with the details of what you have for sale. I asked you for details for a friend of mine who was very interested but who is not on the internet and rather than give me the details you told me you had plenty of other people interested who didnt need to know all that sort of detail. So you wouldn't tell us any more!

I can assure you that you are not alone in being reluctant to freely supply all the details that a prospective buyer would need before making such a big purchase - I am looking for a larger home and have enquired about several on here but have met with quite a wall of resistance to coming up with the necessary info without multiple repeated emails which resulted in only a dribble of info. It's like getting blood out of a stone so I give up after a couple of attempts.

I am sure that sales would be quicker if sellers prepared a simple info pack to email out. Not just a link to their STR website. The info required by a renter is somewhat different to that required by a prospective buyer.

I haven't even managed to get the address of one property I enquired about, its hard to do even a driveby viewing without that.

Good Luck with your sale but all I can say is "Caveat Emptor".

And enjoy Canada, I have a snow shovel I will be pleased to let you have as we don't need it in Fl.

jeff66
06-08-2007, 01:00
I have someone flying in tomorrow from Ireland to view. those that contacted me, If you are still interested, you all have my contact numbers and email address.

Jeff