PDA

View Full Version : car hire question

alfie
12-07-2007, 20:54
hi all, long time since been on these forums but i still see they are great reading, brilliant. back to orlando this august and a couple of questions please, firstly never been in august 7th fly out, presume v hot and quite wet but from your experience should we get a bit of sunshine? and any recommendations of where to go in clearwater as there for a week. no 2: are most of the american kids back at school? and lastly and thank you for your patience hired a car thru dollar via virgin, havnt paid the upfront insurance package was wondering with the £ being so strong would it be cheeper to do it when we arrive? thanks again and regards

CERICROWLEY
12-07-2007, 21:06
Alfie

The best thing to do is ask what exactley is included in the car rental and what you have to pay for when you arrive, ie, additional drivers, tank of fuel etc.

Then why not check out the prices on the link above here, and see if the all inclusive price here is cheaper than the additional you will have to pay at the aiport or prior with Virgin.

Also make sure you have the correct car size for your party, as some of the fly drive option will only give you the economy car and if there is fout or five of you travelling you will certainly not get all the luggage in the car on your trip from the airport.

MarkJan
12-07-2007, 21:08
I would suggest not even bothering to pick up the car from Virgin unless you have already paid for the 2nd week.

Example
first week free
second week £150
1 week ins £150
2nd wk ins £150, total £450

www.uscarhire.co.uk you can book a 7 seater all in for £360 for 2 weeks. The car will still come from Dollar at the airport.

Nina A
12-07-2007, 21:55
I agree with the above, forget the car that's included and get one from here. It might seem like a crazy idea but it could well save you money not to mention stress.

We've picked up and dropped off around different locations in Florida. Personally we'd never hire from anywhere else, great service, great prices, no pressure to buy 'extras' on collection and no hassle whatsoever with easy collection and drop off [msnsmile2]

No problem with sunshine in August, kids should be pretty much back at school. Sorry don't know very much about Clearwater but others on here will.

Have a great trip!