PDA

View Full Version : busch gardens vs universal

berthabeastly
26-09-2003, 03:43
Help. Time is running out and my 16 yr old and I have to decide which halloween event to attend and we are have no idea what to choose. We have never been to busch gardens at all and we see 1 posting saying someone preferred this halloween event over universal. We can only afford one so any info would be appreciated.

esprit
26-09-2003, 07:30
I actually enjoyed both but the night I went to Universal last year it was very packed. Busch is bigger and the events more spread out so there were less queues. That colored my opinion. Universal has all new haunted houses and scary zones this year so I cannot really comment on the quality of the respective attractions. Busch has one new attraction but most seem to be the same as last year.

popintune
12-08-2004, 00:10
never been at halloween but have heard great things about them both. but as espirit said busch gardens is a lot bigger but universal is more exciting![msnwink]

lozza

esprit
12-08-2004, 04:20
Universals Horror Nights is over BOTH parks this year so I am guessing Buschs isnt any bigger this year......

cjboatman
21-08-2004, 02:08
We were at Busch last year.

I have never laughed so much, and Karen has never screamed so much in her life. Come to think about it, i think her screams were the source of most of my laughter. It was really, really good. Very well set up, very atmospheric.

The coasters are great in the dark. And the crowds were all very well humoured and getting into the SPIRIT of things. Excuse the bad pun.

I would really recommend Busch.

plymouth-hunni
05-09-2004, 21:55
ooo i would say Bush Gardens because it has more roller coasters!!:D

MaggieAllan
09-09-2004, 14:51
We've not done Busch but we have done Universal when it was there and IOA last year. I preferred the Universal because the street settings are more spooky. But as Espirit has said it is over both parks WOW - wish I was going to be there.

Our friends will be so I'll pass on the good news - we were only saying the other week how much of a laugh it is, but wished it was still in the Universal side - they are going to be chuffed now.

Once you've done it, it might not be something you want to do again as adults, but our kids love it, so those who want to opt out go into city walk and agree a meeting time and place - there is always at least a couple of the adults who want to go anyway.

Maggie