PDA

View Full Version : infant care chair

bev rush
26-09-2003, 01:23
i am flying with virgin from gatwick to orlando in a few months and
have a 14 month old baby, can anyone tell me what an infant care
chair is for 12-36 months olds, there are 4 of us in our party, what
would be the best seats to be in? ps is my child to big to go in a sky cot?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
26-09-2003, 01:45
I think they only allow you to use a sky cot up to 6 months old and have a weight restriction on the baby too (can't remember the exact weight).

sammibabe
29-09-2003, 03:36
When we went with a then 17 month old Virgin told us sky cots were for babies under 12 months. Don't know what the care chair is. Could it be the seat belt that you use to strap them to you if they don't have there own seat? [?] I think we also had to sit in the central seats - we were not allowed to sit in the window seats.

millie
29-09-2003, 23:55
Not sure what this is. we travelled with a 21 month old who did not have her own seat. Unfortunately she just had to sit on my knee. I did hear that if you bought a seat for your child (and pay a childs fare!) there could be a seat to strap into it - like a car seat. Some airlines offer these but not sure about virgin.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
30-09-2003, 00:02
Do they mean booster seats for children who are small but too big for a standard baby car seat?

sarahjk
01-10-2003, 01:23
Hi

If you are going to pay for a seat for your child, why not take your car seat with you as long as it fits into the seat and you can check on the sizes your travel agent or the customer services with your carrier will be able to tell you them not only will you have your child in the car seat for the journey but it will also save you some money on the rental of the car seat
not sure if it is possible but it might be worth checking on

Sarah