PDA

View Full Version : Ridgewood Lakes

Angua
25-09-2003, 17:08
I've shortlisted a villa on the Ridgewood Lakes subdivision.

Any opinions[?]

I was concerned that a Golf Community wouldn't take kindly to noisy pool activities (and that's just the adults!!)[8D]

Thanks
Sarah

sunshine state
25-09-2003, 18:55
Yes i have friends who have recently stayed at this complex and they gave quite a good report said it was a nice and friendly complex.
Im sure those who are playing golf wont be worried to much about the noise going on.

caroline
25-09-2003, 19:39
Hi Sarah

We stayed at Ridgewood Lakes the first time we went to Florida, the villa was lovely - there are a lot of full time residents there. It's situated on highway 27 (which we like) and I think the drive time to the parks was about 20 minutes maybe a little more.

Tracy
25-09-2003, 23:13
Hi Sarah

I think golfers get used to it, we stayed on Highlands Reserve in August last year, overlooking the 16th Tee. With 3 energetic children we weren't that quiet, but they were all very friendly and some even stopped to have a chat.

I wouldn't worry !

esprit
03-03-2004, 08:10
Nice place, Lots of residents is good in lots of ways, Esprit had quite a number and they look after the place. One problem with a golf community is golf ball damage. I have had quite a lot, screens and windows, There are some pretty useless golfers around, They are supposed to own up but dont,

chrizzy100
03-03-2004, 17:40
quote:Originally posted by esprit

Nice place, Lots of residents is good in lots of ways, Esprit had quite a number and they look after the place. One problem with a golf community is golf ball damage. I have had quite a lot, screens and windows, There are some pretty useless golfers around, They are supposed to own up but dont,

We have the same here...golf balls flying everywhere...I can't use any road to town without passing one.....I've nearly lost a window in my car a few time now.......

Angua
22-03-2004, 13:27
Just a quick update on the community at Ridgewood Lakes following our visit.

Ridgewood Lakes is a community and golf course out on Highway 27, south of Interstate 4 . The community is an oasis among all the construction going on in Florida and easy to find by the HUGE illuminated American flag at the entrance. A long palm-bordered drive with well-manicured lawns and shrubs leads you to the Gatehouse which is not manned during the day.

Once past the Gatehouse, a landscaped golf course lays out before you, intermingled with lakes, villas and bunkers. Beware of golf carts, walkers and the like, although no one is in a hurry and the residents are very friendly, often waving to us on our journeys.

Our particular Villa was on Golf Course Parkway, easy to find from the main Boulevard but watch out for the speed bumps which are pretty vicious and the mad puppy who tries to chase cars even though he’s chained to the tree, while his owner gardens or paints the house. Golf Course Parkway is a mixture of residents and rental properties, with all properties being well maintained. There is construction underway on the Development but this is all at the very far end of the site in the High Vista Community which is solely residential in any event. We never heard a sound but this would have to pretty loud to travel over the golf course! Bin days are Mondays and Thursday but we were never woken by the refuse collectors, even though they seemed to chuck the bins all over the place when emptied. No recycling collections are available on this Community as yet.

The lake behind our Villa was inhabited by several small ‘Gators and lots of Coots. Herons and Egrets stalked the reed beds, Kingfishers and Osprey dove for fish with Blue-grey Gnatcatchers and Eastern Kingbirds laying in wait for insects on the nearby cactus “tree”. Don’t be alarmed if you see a snake raise it’s head from the water, we discovered it was an Anhinga bird on a fishing trip. Can you tell we bought a Field Guide on Florida birds?!? I would recommend bringing a set of small Field Glasses as sometimes it’s difficult to see the creatures through the pool-screening.

On the other side of the lake, golfers pass by and seem to be all ranges of ability. The course opens at 7am and although the golfers are within sight of the pool area, they are not close enough to bother you. Makes for an amusing spectacle at times! I was concerned that I would be uncomfortable when lounging by the pool and swimming as I’m quite a shy person but, quite frankly, the golfers are more interested in getting their swing right, than squinting across the lake to get a glimpse of you!! Only the odd poor shot struck the pool screening, most of those landing in the lake. As golfers are not allowed to come over to the Villa side of the lake, my other half collected quite a few balls for practise. Hubbie even got a round of applause when he managed to get a ball on the green when throwing it back to the golfer.

There are tennis courts, a driving range, a green for putting practice and great Clubhouse. I think there is supposed to be a pool but we never bothered to find it. If you take a stroll to the Clubhouse, keep your eye on the Cormorants nesting on the lamppost or you may have a very “lucky” day. If you want to play a round, you will need to book as the Course is very popular. The Clubhouse closes at 4pm but you can use the putting green or driving range at any time, as long as you’ve picked up your driving balls before they close.

Your Villa Owner or Management Company should provide you with a Ridgewood Lakes ticket to put in your car so that you can access the Community when the Gatehouse is manned (between the hours of 6pm and 6am). Our owner left our names with the Guard for our arrival. The Guards were very friendly and raised the automatic barriers for us each evening with a smile and a wave.

Even though the Community is one of the furthest away from Orlando, it was well placed for the I4 for travelling either west or east and we di

23-03-2004, 01:04
Hi,

Was the villa on Boxwood Drive by any chance?

It sounds just like one we stayed in a while back!

Julie R

Angua
26-03-2004, 17:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Julie R
Hi,

Was the villa on Boxwood Drive by any chance?

It sounds just like one we stayed in a while back!

Julie R
[/quote]

Golf Course Parkway, which I think is just off Boxwood Drive (?) I'm not known for my map skills!![:I]