PDA

View Full Version : INDIAN CREEK AREA.

oakdale
25-09-2003, 17:00
Hi everybody,
We will be staying in the INdian Creek area next year and
were wondering if anyone can give us information about it etc.
Thanks,

Lesley S
25-09-2003, 22:17
We have a villa on Indian Creek, on the development there are a number of childrens areas, along with a putting green, tennis courts and basket ball courts, depending on which side of the development you are on, there is a lake. There is also a jogging lane, if you fancy taking a jog in the florida heat.[8D]

Indian Creek is a development by Greater Homes located 1 mile south of the I-192 West. Only a few miles from the I-4. and less than 4 miles from Walt Disney World. You are approx 1 mile from all the local restaurants and supermarkets.

Any other information, let us know.

Angua
26-09-2003, 01:47
I'm in the process of hunting out a Villa at the moment and I have to say that Indian Creek looks like an excellant proposition. Several of the Owners of Villas in that area have stated that they are so close to Disney, you can see the Epcot fireworks from the pool, front porch etc. (I should have said "allegedly", I don't want you holding it against me if you can't see the fireworks!! ;) )

I like the idea of nipping home from the Parks to have lunch, take a swim or have a nap. If you're that close to the parks, you'd spend way less money on gas than buying lunch in Disney etc. and it would seem less frantic.

Good luck to you, I'm sure you're on to a winner.

Regards
Sarah.

fiona
26-09-2003, 01:57
Well we are over the road in Rolling Hills and you can certainly see the Epcot fireworks from our road.

Lesley S
26-09-2003, 12:41
Like I said we are on Indian Creek and yes you can see the fireworks, so long as it is a clear night.

There is a short cut into Disney from Indian Creek and Rolling Hills and it is just over 2 miles to get from Animal Kingdom to the entrances.

Debs
26-09-2003, 14:11
We are located at Oak Island Cove again if it is a clear night we can also see the fireworks - we benefit from the short cut to Animal Kingdom too.

huckleberry house
26-09-2003, 14:22
Regardless of where you are though it is possible to nip back at lunchtime as the majority of homes are within 10/15 minutes travel time regardless of mileage.
It can be easier to travel 7 miles on a good clear straight through road than 3 miles on a busy one with lots of traffic and red lights.:D:D

Lesley

imported_n/a
26-09-2003, 14:40
The short cut way avoids all the major routes anyway so there is never any holdups, you actually go over the 192. All homes near Indian Creek, including Rolling Hills, Windsor Palms, Emerald Island,Oak Island Cove and Indian Ridge (most probably more) benefit from the short cut.

worldpeace
06-09-2004, 15:28
has this area been hit bad by the last 2 Huricanes? Or can sum1 tell us if its still standing as we are due to go out on our holiday in 4wks6days time. Been waiting the whole year for this & we was looking forward to it. We feel sick for all the people who have had problems getting out there. Appricate any help;

stabard
06-09-2004, 15:41
First (and only since we bought our own) was at Indian Creek and we thought it was great for access to Disney. The villas were a good size too.

Lesley S
06-09-2004, 16:31
Indian Creek got off very lightly with Hurricane Charley, not sure yet about Hurricane Frances, but as soon as I find out I will let you know.

Newhomebuyer
06-09-2004, 16:37
The area around Indian Creek, Emerald Island, Windsor Palms, Oak Island is still getting heavy rain but did not sustain any significant damage during the last 2 days. Everything will be fine when you get here in 4 weeks time.

worldpeace
06-09-2004, 17:28
thanks go out 2 you both: Newhomebuyer & Lesley Sunnysideflorida. ygf Worldpeace