PDA

View Full Version : Mustang convertible

Hyster
03-07-2007, 03:55
Hi All,
I am planning a holiday to Orlando for October 2008 and am trying to sort out car hire

My daughter has always had a thing for Mustangs and I thought it would be the icing on the cake if I could manage to hire one.

I am going with a large group of friends so the luggage space, or lack of should not be a problem as they will have larger cars.

I see in the adverts they hire "Mustang or similar" Similar wont be what I want.

I don't want to book a car hire and get over there to find they dont have any available. Is it possible to guarantee a Mustang with any of the car hire company'? or is it always going to include a bit of luck in getting one?

Any thoughts would be great.

Many thanks
Gary.

roger
03-07-2007, 05:37
The best chence of getting a Mustang is to book a convertible with us using Budget as that is their standard vehicle.

No hire company can (or will) guarantee any type of vehicle, in case factors beyond their control mean the fleet is changed, so therefore we have to say 'or similar' by each car type.

Of all the Convertible bookings in Florida we have taken with Budget pretty well every customer has received the Mustang (maybe even 100% of them).

Maybe a few people on the forum can post here if they have booked a convertible with Budget to confirm they were allocated a Mustang (or not as the case may be) to help judge the possibility of not receiving one.

Katys Grandad
03-07-2007, 10:21
Oddly enough, I was given a Mustang by Dollar in May because my preferred Sebring Convertibles weren't available. At that time, the Sebring model was changing so Dollar hadn't been buying them. Any news on the current situation with Sebrings?

wrpac00
03-07-2007, 15:21
Roger, is this something new with Budget? I used Budget last summer and all they had were Sebrings.

roger
03-07-2007, 15:59
I believe Budget used to use Sebrings, but now they say they are exclusively Ford in most car categories.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
Roger, is this something new with Budget? I used Budget last summer and all they had were Sebrings.
[/quote]

canarypam
03-07-2007, 17:11
I also received a Mustang with Dollar in April. Previously we have always received Sebrings. Can't say thay the Mustang was any better though.

roger
03-07-2007, 17:26
Dollar are mainly Sebring but have a number of Mustangs in stock in many locations. Both cars are similar size and power, but the Mustang has a more Prestigeous name and a beefier sounding engine. It's a man thing [msncool]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by canarypam
I also received a Mustang with Dollar in April. Previously we have always received Sebrings. Can't say thay the Mustang was any better though.
[/quote]

Hyster
04-07-2007, 05:02
Thanks for the info Roger, I followed the link from the top of the page to uscarhire but cant find a Mustang or Budget's convertible car options.

Could I trouble you for a link?

Many thanks.

roger
04-07-2007, 06:15
No problem - at the top of www.uscarhire.co.uk click the 'car types' link which takes you to http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/CarTypes.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Hyster
Thanks for the info Roger, I followed the link from the top of the page to uscarhire but cant find a Mustang or Budget's convertible car options.

Could I trouble you for a link?

Many thanks.
[/quote]