PDA

View Full Version : Mickeys not scarey halloween Party

ujpest doza
01-07-2007, 13:01
Apart from Halloween parade and fire works what exactly do you get for your money?

Is it worth it?

Do they clear the park before they allow those with party tickets in?

How much is it?

Genie
01-07-2007, 13:30
Yes it is a blast !! It is usually about $40 and yes they do clear the park, the day ticket holders have to be out by 6pm, you have to be a ticket holder ( or wristbands in this case ! ) so no queues for any of the rides ! you get a trick or treat bag and can fill it up around various parts of the park, some of the costumes are brilliant, I'm sure you would love it. Definately on my agenda for next time I am there at that time.

athurstance
01-07-2007, 14:21
We went the year before last and are going again this year. It is a great night out. We all dressed up and that really adds to the atmosphere. There were trick or treat stations everywhere and our kids had loads of candy.
Most people seemed to be soaking up the atmosphere and getting candy so the queues for the rides were non existant. We went on all the rides several times. The fireworks are fabulous. We didn't see the parade but I've heard its great.
You can get into the park from around 4.30pm with your MNSSHP ticket without needing a normal entry ticket. They put all the ticket holders in a separate area when the park closes at 6pmm and clear everyone else out. Then you're right in the park and ready to go when the party starts.

owen3
01-07-2007, 14:42
The Grandchildren loved it, most of the people were dressed up. If we go at that time of the year again we will certainly dress up.
Plenty of sweets for the children. The parade and fireworks were great. Would recommend going.
Barbara

Pegasus928
01-07-2007, 15:01
Do they have a limit as to how many people they let in then - or is it just naturally quiet because it's not everyones cup of tea?

Kenny

dawn burley
01-07-2007, 15:40
They do have a limit so it more or less guarantees very short queues for all rides. We have been for the past 2 years and we all absolutely love it! The parade is the best one I have ever seen so it's well worth picking a spot for. My friend and I bought some fabulous witches costumes for our daughters aged 9, 8 and 6 and the three of them looked sooooo cute. The year before my youngest daughter then aged 5 told me it was the best night of her life. In my opinion this evening is worth every penny[msnsmile2]

Dawn

steph_goodrum
01-07-2007, 15:47
What we found when we went was that even though our daughter was 17 or so and none of us dressed up the friendship between people who wouldnt normally have bothered to speak to anyone outside their party when in the parks. The costumes were a great icebreaker and added to a fun night or everyone, next tiem we said ewe would join in and dress up as so many people had.

freddiehollie
01-07-2007, 18:44
We had a fantastic night a few years ago the twins were only 11 months old,
so we thought they would be asleep[msnwink] but no they stayed awake till we
left the park about midnigh[msneek] They did'nt miss a thing and loved it[clap]
We will be going back next halloween and will not miss it[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

dreid
01-07-2007, 19:27
This sounds great - we are going in October so I think this is a 'must do ' for us - my boys love Halloween[}:)]

Do you need to to buy tickets in advance, or can you get them in the parks during the day ?

What about the Universal Halloween nights ? I think I read somewhere they were adults only ?

Thanks

florida4sun
01-07-2007, 20:11
You need to buy in advance from Disney, horror nights are not justb for adults but I would not take children less than the age of 12.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dreid
This sounds great - we are going in October so I think this is a 'must do ' for us - my boys love Halloween[}:)]

Do you need to to buy tickets in advance, or can you get them in the parks during the day ?

What about the Universal Halloween nights ? I think I read somewhere they were adults only ?

Thanks

[/quote]

athurstance
01-07-2007, 21:01
We went to Universal's Halloween Horror night a few years back. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone less than teenagers. I spent the whole evening a bag of nerves. It was very dark, very misty and there were 'actors' jumping out at you at every turn. I didn't even brave one of the mazes - which look very scary - I did watch a video of one online and was glad I didn't go in.

DH thought it was great and anyone who is a bit less of a scaredy cat than me would enjoy it. He's going again this year with braver friends and I'm babysitting.
If you like being scared give it a go. On the positive side - nobody seemed to bother with the normal rides so I just did that instead with no queues.

MNNSHP is nothing like Universal. It's not at all scarey and great for kids. I'll be sticking with Disney.

You can buy MNNSHP online via the disney site. I just got mine through the post.

dreid
02-07-2007, 16:11
Thanks for the advice - I will stick with the Disney one too !

dreid
02-07-2007, 18:02
Me again ! Done a search on a couple of official Disney sites, but all I can see is a number to call once you are in Florida to order the tickets. Could someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

owen3
02-07-2007, 18:07
We phoned Disney up from the uk to order the tickets, and they posted them to our uk address.
Barbara

athurstance
02-07-2007, 19:19
You can order online at Disney's website.

about halfway down the page. You have to buy tickets for a specific date - I'm sure most people will notice this but I nearly bought the wrong ones without realising.

dreid
03-07-2007, 16:58
Think I must be going blind [:I]as i can't see where to order them online - all I can see is the phone number, and the option for tickets just seems to be normal park tickets.
Maybe I am on the wrong Disney site ?

athurstance
03-07-2007, 22:26
It is a bit tricky to find. If you go to the Disney site and click on 'Tickets and Reservations'.

Then you get some dropdown boxes - select UK and Tickets only. Finally you get to a ticket page where you can select 'Special Events' on the dropdown box and this will give you a page where you can buy various tickets. MNSSHP is half way down.

Team Thomson
02-08-2007, 03:02
We've booked to go to this on 21st of Sept

Cruella DeVilla
02-08-2007, 14:06
Do you think it makes it any difference by not actually going on 31st October, is it any different on actual Haloween both at Diseny and Universal?

emm
27-09-2007, 02:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Do you think it makes it any difference by not actually going on 31st October, is it any different on actual Haloween both at Diseny and Universal?
[/quote]

I was just wondering about that too, CDV. Does anyone know?

CarolAnn
27-09-2007, 11:55
Well, we have been to both Theme parks outside of 31st and I would say no, they do the whole thing so well it really doesn't matter[msnwink] Nice to go as close as possible, but on the night, I think it is VERY busy:)

Genie
27-09-2007, 13:24
We went on the first night of the party last year in September and I can't believe it could possibly be any better than it was, it was a great night and I would definately go again.

TracyAndDean
28-10-2007, 02:03
We've just returned from Florida [msncry] and had a fantastic time at the "Mickeys Not So Scarey Halloween party". It really is a memorable night which I'd recommend to anyone. The children loved dressing up and everyone enters into the Halloween spirit. The show, parade and fireworks were excellent and the queues for the rides weren't that bad either considering the amount of people in the park. There's loads of trick or treat stations located around the park giving out handfuls of sweets so no one goes home with an empty bag. This event is a MUST for anyone who loves Disney and Halloween.

ali-uk
01-11-2007, 00:39
We went September last year and had a brilliant night, Eeyore tigger dressed up as mummy's, i have just got the halloween things out for tonight and found our outfits we wore [msnsmile].
Ali

floridageoff
01-11-2007, 00:46
Does the headless horseman still gallop along Main Street at the beginning of the parade? We thought that was one of the best Disney parades we had ever seen.

Paula D-S
01-11-2007, 01:03
Doesn't anyone have any pictures they would like to share.[msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
01-11-2007, 01:10
Oh yes that would be lovely:)