PDA

View Full Version : show at steps to castle

jovi
29-06-2007, 15:04
I am sure I read somewhere that there is a daily show by the front entrance of the Castle, I know when we went on our first visit in 94, they had a show on, but when we went on our last trip in 2004 there wasn't one, my neice is going to be so excited when she sees the Castle, a show would just be the icing on the top, has anyone been recently and know anything about it? I have looked on the Disney website and the day we plan to visit MK is on a Friday, it has extra magic hours on the day/date, what exactly does this mean? Do we need to avoid this day?
Thanks

brizzle
29-06-2007, 20:05
There is normally a show that runs a few times a day in front of the Castle, performance times are in the park info leaflets that you should always pick up on entering the park.

I think it's currently one related to the 'Year of a million dreams' which replaced the 'Cinderellabration' which itself was part of the 50th anniversary celebrations of Disneyland opening in California.

My fave is the Xmas special they do during MVMCP with dancing reindeer and snowmen :)

christhear
29-06-2007, 20:09
The extra magic hours apply only to people staying at Disney hotels. It allows them to enter early or stay after closing time. I don't know how much this affects the crowds but would think it would make it a bit busier on that day.

freddiehollie
29-06-2007, 21:29
We have used the Extra Magic Hours a number of times now and
think they are great [msnsmile2] Especially the ones for the
water parks, when you can walk past the early morning que's
to get your favorite place in the park, for the shade or sun
then do the rides before it gets busy[msnwink][msnwink]

mizzy
29-06-2007, 21:42
there was shows several times a day whilst we where out in march Vicki, it was themed on the new dreams come true parade [msnsmile]

Mizzy

mizzy
29-06-2007, 21:48
found a pic for you but not a very good one, think dd took it

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/mizzy/2007629174736_disneyshow.jpg

Mizzy