PDA

View Full Version : Alamo Return Times

steve-w
26-06-2007, 11:05
i was reading through some small print on my renatl agreement
and it says you have to return the car 3 hours prior to departure flight.

what happens if the plane is delayed or you return the car late?

do they have any charges for late returns?

thx steve

blott
26-06-2007, 14:34
When you book the car rental, you have to put in the collection and return time as well as the date. Car rental companies work in 24 hour blocks = one day's rental. If you're over time then they will charge you an extra day's rental.

This is usually quite expensive as the rental company will charge you separately for all the taxes and insurances which are normally included in your car rental from www.floridahire.com (the forum car rental site) so it's not a good idea to return the car late!

So... watch the time you put in for your returning the car when you book - if you want to change it then email and ask for this in advance.

steve-w
26-06-2007, 16:33
thx for the reply blott

steve

anorak
30-06-2007, 21:12
I usually allow a good couple of hours after I think we will clear customs and immigration - so if we are scheduled to land at 4pm I put down for 7pm collection.
They never even mention it when I collect ( and the rental then starts at the actual time you collect) but if you put down say 4pm then the rental starts at 4pm, and you have to get it back by 4pm on the last day,regardless of the fact you collected it at 7pm or whatever, and occasionally you might find out in advance that your return flight is delayed a bit so you can bring it back later without penalty.
Hope thats not too complicated, I am not the worlds best at explaining things.