PDA

View Full Version : travelling with childern too.

TRAY154
25-06-2007, 02:06
hi has anyone travelled with american airlines before .i no that virgin do a special back pack for kids to help them on there long journey and have games on board was just wondering what special deal if any do american airlines have apart from there large baggage deal.has anyone travelled with thwm before

Paula D-S
25-06-2007, 02:26
Hello Tracie

I last travelled with AA about four years ago and found the economy section quite spacious, as we were travelling at the time with two babies and two 6 year olds the space we had was great, although it may have sinced changed according to another thread. I can't remember the older children getting any sort of pack.
I flew last year with Virgin and although the children got a back pack it contained a hat and a few bits and peices which in my mind were not that great.

If you are willing to fly indirect you will find flight prices alot cheaper than Virgins.

mfairhurst
25-06-2007, 02:29
We travel to CALIFORNIA with them via CHICAGO .
They were very good and the cabin crew was polite and could not enough for us and there were lots of children on board . Do not know if they got fun packs or not .
Go onto their web site and I am sure you can find out .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

TRAY154
25-06-2007, 02:44
been on there web page dosnt say anything .thats why i have asked on here it see if anyone has travelled with them thanks for info anyway

DawnSwift
25-06-2007, 02:59
Hi
We flew with AA this Easter we were happy with the service but there weren't any packs for the kids
Best wishes
Dawn

pieman790
25-06-2007, 09:37
The American Airlines service from Manchester did not use to have seat back TV's (unless they have a new plane on this route) nor do they provide a back pack for the kids.
We had a good flight with them a few years back, the only down side was the one TV channel with TV screen down the aisle which showed two-three movies per flight. We took our own portable DVD players for the kids which kept them happy during the flight.

Katys Grandad
25-06-2007, 10:00
If you're travelling from Manchester (I see you live on Merseyside) you'll be going through Boston or Chicago. The Boston route is an econony-only service with no seat back entertainment and screens over the centre aisle. The Chicago route is a larger aircraft with more screens in the cabin but seat back screens only in Business Class. On the Orlando leg you may well find there isn't In Flight Entertainment of any sort (not even audio).

I fly regualrly with American and I don't recall ever seeing children's packs. I'm pretty sure they don't have them.

chrissb
25-06-2007, 14:06
Hi Tracie we last flew with American in 2004, so this may be a little out of date. The flights were fine with lots of leg room which made for a comfortable flight. While the kids did not get a back pack they were given an activity pack with crayons and pictures to colour. Staff were very helpful, however the only downside was that American had stopped providing childrens meals, and gave the children an adult meal. Depending on the age of the children this may not be ideal so it could be an idea to take some snacks onto the plane for them, remembering that you are not allowed to take meat or dairy products into the US.

Robert5988
25-06-2007, 14:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I last travelled with AA about four years ago and found the economy section quite spacious, [/quote]

Unfortunately that extra legroom in economy has now disappeared and they are back to the same as many other major airlines.

Everyone wants extra legroom and it is the most requested item. So AA introduced 'More Room Throughout Coach' with an extra 4 inches of seat pitch with no increase in fares, and it was a commercial flop!

freddiehollie
28-06-2007, 20:58
The kids packs from Virgin are next to useless. :( Rubbish quality cap,coloured pencil,pack of sweets etc. They might as well not bother. We dont even bother picking them up any more, as Virgin seem to be cost cutting on the Florida route, this freebie would not be missed. Don't pick a flight on what freebie you might get from an airline I bet they only cost a few pence anyway. Better to buy the kids something for the flight that they will use[msnwink]