PDA

View Full Version : Christmas day at MK

wrxppp
24-06-2007, 02:16
Hi all

I would imagine that entry to MK on xmas day should be early to ensure getting in, but does anyone know if once you are in whether you can leave and re enter later??

Thanks
Jo

blott
24-06-2007, 02:28
Unfortunately, if it's really busy then they sometimes close the gates altogether for park safety so as not to have too many people inside. If they do this while you happen to be out, unfortunately you won't be able to get back in again!

wrxppp
24-06-2007, 02:36
Oh dear! We are novice to xmas in Florida at xams time, so are trying to think of planning xmas day ahead. Any suggestions would be great.
Can anyone give tips on how to book restuarants or shows ect..
Thanks
Jo

becbecs
24-06-2007, 14:29
We did Xmas Day at MK 2006 and what an experience. I would arrive in the morning as they do shut the gates at some point, as Xmas Day at MK is just so busy.

We did find when we were leaving around 7pm loads more people turning up for the Fireworks display later on.

If you are planning to eat in MK on Xmas Day you will need to book well in advance. We had Xmas Dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern and the food was great. Go to the Disney MK website and you will find the tel number to pre book. You can book up to 6 months in advance at any of the Disney Parks.

We pre booked the Liberty Tree Tavern at MK & The Teppanyaki Restaurant at Epcot in Sept 2006 but didn't book an evening meal at one off the MK restaraunts on Xmas Day Evening so when we enquired the wait was nearly 2.5 hours.

We left MK about 7pm and had our eveing meal at Carrabbas Italian Grill on the US 192, less hectic and more relaxed

As Blott said MK is really busy, sorry really really busy on Xmas Day as we found out, the queus are longer than the normal specialy at the most popular rides.

MK @ Xmas is worth the visit for the experience, especially when you are having Xmas Dinner in one of the restaurants and you phone your relatives in the UK,(Tee Hee) but I think we have had our turn now and will be Xmas Dinnering at home from now on.

florida4sun
24-06-2007, 15:00
If it was me I would book a meal at one of the hotels (Wildreness Lodge is lovely at xmas) and avoid the parks altogether.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrxppp
Oh dear! We are novice to xmas in Florida at xams time, so are trying to think of planning xmas day ahead. Any suggestions would be great.
Can anyone give tips on how to book restuarants or shows ect..
Thanks
Jo
[/quote]