PDA

View Full Version : collecting car from sanford

mizzy
19-06-2007, 20:09
we've only ever used orlando MCO airport before but on our next visit we'll be flying into sanford

pls can you tell me if there's much difference between the two airports when collecting and dropping off the car

will it be any easier at sanford or more confusing?

thanks Mizzy

mfairhurst
19-06-2007, 20:17
MIZZY.
We came into SANFORD on 7 JUNE and had no problems we hired from DOLLAR and the hire desk is just outside the doors after picking up our cases .
The staff were very good and we were away in no time so do not worry .
The drive to our villa is easy and H4 HAS NO ROAD WORKS .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

ellie
19-06-2007, 20:40
We collected a Dollar car this week and it is so easy. The only thing that is a bit different is that only the lead driver is allowed inside the Dollar building, so you need someone to stay outside with the luggage. The cars are really close too, Mizzy so you should have no problems.

We drove down the 417 which was a breeze - hardly any traffic and definitely NO roadworks.

Daz"N"Kaz
19-06-2007, 21:42
Hi Mizzy, we use Sanford quite a lot, and are usually off the plane and in our hire car within 30-40 minutes, really like the place.:)

Fourdents
19-06-2007, 21:45
Mizzy

Make sure you have the directions to get onto the 417 in your handbag:) It is also easy to get out onto the I4 too.

Pegasus928
19-06-2007, 22:44
Should we really be taking advise on driving from someone who's name is FourDents [grin][grin]

Please tell me this is irony

Kenny

Nikki D
20-06-2007, 00:03
Hi Mizzy, I found it great last year picking up my dollar car from sanford. Dropping of was easy to. They do not allow you to go in the hall with your bags though but lucky for me a rep from travel city stood with my daughter inside the building while I sorted my car. I wonder what they would do with the single traveler? But if I found the whole thing easy and thats saying something [msnwink]

Nikki D
20-06-2007, 00:14
As for directions Mizzy just google it.[msnsmile2]

mizzy
20-06-2007, 00:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nikki D
As for directions Mizzy just google it.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

i'm not worried about directions Nicki i was more wondering about the set up, normally i'd be left with kids to get luggage whilst dh nips to car hire desk so the way things are done at sanford sounds easier

directions to the villa? well i'll get them from the owner and hire a sat nav too just to be sure[msnsmile]

Anthony Ross
20-06-2007, 00:48
Hi reading replies to Mizzy's question and was mentioned "only the lead driver is allowed inside the Dollar building" Could you clarify this for me? i am wondering how the other drivers get registered to drive the car.

Fourdents
20-06-2007, 01:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pegasus928
Should we really be taking advise on driving from someone who's name is FourDents [grin][grin]

Please tell me this is irony

Kenny
[/quote]

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Try living in France with this surname = Dent ( there are 4 of us )

One developes a sense of humour.............. fast ! [msnsmile2]

Nikki D
20-06-2007, 10:22
I loved our sat nav last year. It took the stress out of going anywhere. Even though we go every year I still would not go without one Mizzy[msnsmile2]