PDA

View Full Version : Off Tomorrow - Any Tips for a Florida Virgin?

KerrieB
15-06-2007, 14:47
Thanks to all of you who replied to my previous post. I am off to Florida for the first time tomorrow. Just wondered if anyone had got and valuable tips they could share with me? I have read numerous posts on this forum and have gained some good tips already.

A couple of things that are in the forefront of my mind are: Is it easy to drive over there and navigate the roads? What are the best malls to visit for the obvious tourist shopping? If I wanted to visit Cirque du Soleil but haven't purchased advanced tickets is there anywhere I could get these once I am over there? There were loads of other questions but I just cannot remember them all so any other useful general information would be very greatly received!

Finally, roughly how much does an I-Pod and a PSP cost and where are the best places to purchase these items?

Thanks all x

LiesaAnna
15-06-2007, 15:01
hi Kerrie
hope you have a great time, hubby says he finds it easy to drive around over there, we will be taking a sat nav with the right details,
lake buena vista is good for shopping, i have read that florida mall is good, premium outlets is good and am sure others will list many other places
be good to hear how you get on with your fab holiday![clap]

berni_richards
15-06-2007, 15:02
preimum outlets is my favourite mall, roads are easy to drive on. Cirque du soleil is fantastic try to go and see it. Millenium mall is the most expensive to go to but good to go and have a look though my hubbie loves the gadget shop in that mall.
Enjoy your holiday.

niccola27
15-06-2007, 15:04
The florida mall is fantastic as are the premium outlets - loads of bargains to be had at both!

Mick-H
15-06-2007, 15:08
Sorry can't help with the shopping bit, unless it was golf clubs:D
but the driving is easy.
First time we went I was a little apprehensive to say the least, I had a rough idea of where we were going to and by some miracle we got there dead easy and all I did was follow the car in front, next day I was up really early and went out for a ride, spent a good hour or so getting my bearings and it was all plain sailing from then on.

Have a great holiday.

julieanne
15-06-2007, 15:15
I really enjoy driving over there. Just make sure you take time to see where lights, wipers etc are before you set off.

Lots of great shopping - take an empty suitcase with you [msnwink]

Albert the Frog
15-06-2007, 15:17
1 Gb IPod at Walmart is $78- 30Gb is $248 --In truth there is not much variation between retailers because of Apple's monopoly-In one of the Malls there is an Apple store that is really good for that sort of thing. PSPs are retailing at about $200. I choose Walmart because if it goes faulty Asda will take it back.

driving is dead easy-just be sensible and don't rush

If i had only one thing to say it would be -not just about the driving--don't rush-don't try and pack everything in-take a little while to acclimatise yourself to the scale of things-enjoy the food-enjoy the parks and enjoy your villa

floridageoff
15-06-2007, 16:35
Premium Outlets is our favourite for bargains, I can't tell you how many pairs of trainers we have bought there over the years![msneek]We love to shop at The Mall at Millenia and eat at The Cheesecake Factory whilst we are there. That is worth the journey alone.

We have been to Cirque de Soleil twice and each time we have bought our tickets a couple of days beforehand from their box office at Marketplace. It really is an amazing show.

Sally D
15-06-2007, 23:26
Florida Mall and Premium Outlets for us too.

DH says driving is easy, must admit I haven't tried it yet[msnembarrased], I leave it all to him.

becbecs
16-06-2007, 00:53
Just have a great time :D

We did on our first trip. And we have been back 3 times since :D

JoRo
16-06-2007, 01:19
Cirque de Soleil is fantastic - go the the box office at Disney market place as soon as you can and get tickets - we prefer the ones half way back or otherwise you are looking up a lot.
I prefer the Millenia Mall - it is a bit further a drive up the I4 than Florida Mall but newer and lovely to walk around.
Joyce

Homer
16-06-2007, 01:28
Be prepared to throw your itinary out the window and just enjoy yourselves.

Prepare for sore feet and a dwindling bank balance

But most of all E.N.J.O.Y[8D]

Kazzie
16-06-2007, 03:07
A little too late now probably but make sure you have comfortable shoes as you will do loads of walking. Dont go to the parks in new shoes!

Karen