PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Cove Any Good?

Pudders
15-06-2007, 14:08
Hi all,

We're looking at doing this for a wedding treat to ourselves whilst over there next year. It'll be myself, partner & litlun but want to know if its really worth the money? I've read a few reviews but wanted to hear/read it from people on the forum what they think or advise whilst there.

Thanks

Kazzie
15-06-2007, 14:29
I can highly recommend Discovery Cove, we visited in February and it was superb. Meals, snacks and drinks are included in the price. Worth every cent[msnsmile2]

Karen

charkyry
15-06-2007, 15:33
i've just booked this for next year and they are now going to including breakfast apparently new for next year

mizzy
15-06-2007, 16:09
discovery cove is excellent and i would highly recommend it, food and drink is now included all day in the admission price

we had a lovely chill out time here and i would happily pay to money to revisit

i think that those who don't rate it are the ones who expected too long in the water with the dolphin interaction, you get approx 20-30mins we got longer but we did have children with additional needs in our party plus we also had a mischevious dolphin who thought he'd nip over and impress the female dolphins on the other side of the lagoon

there is so much more than the dolphin interaction though so to focus just on this when making your mind up if it's worth the cost would be unwise

discovery cove do an evening package at sunset which i think would be a romantic end to the day, they also offer private cabanas and champagne for those special occasions and can arrange for the dolphin to delivery a special life buoy for birthdays anniversary and marriage proposals, (we did see a marriage propasal happening whilst we where there)

i would check out their website to see what you can discover for yourself [msnsmile]

sundowner
15-06-2007, 17:39
An absolute must, it will make your holiday so perfect and you will have very happy memories.

Only thing I would ask is how old is your little one, as there are age restrictions on swimming with dolphins. I cannot remember what age they have to be but sure the website or someone here would help with that one.

We had a really great day and it was a hundred times better than we expected.
Mary

becbecs
15-06-2007, 17:41
Discovery Cove is just the best. Your memories from a day at Discovery Cvoe will last a lifetime.

mizzy
15-06-2007, 18:26
i think you have to be at least 6yrs old to swim with the dolphins[msnsmile]

Lesley S
15-06-2007, 19:28
We have booked for this year.

This is what is included meal and drink wise:-

All of your snacks and beverages throughout the evening, including a light continental breakfast, a freshly-prepared lunch and various Anheuser-Busch products (Since we are all-inclusive, please refrain from bringing food, beverages, and coolers.)

Mr G
15-06-2007, 19:49
A great and memorable day.It is one of the days our children still go on about and they go to Florida every year.

Before we went we thought the most impressive part would be the Dolphin swim but the laggon where you can swim with fish, the stingrays, the food, the beaches, the fresh water pool.It was all fantastic.

The photos and DVD can be expensive but worth it to look back on. We bought the DVD and the photo DVD which is a great momento of the trip.

We intend going again for the day, possibly without the Dolphin swim this time as the day was great.

neilbrunton
15-06-2007, 20:03
Graham

How much do they charge for the DVD. We are visiting in July.

Thanks

Neil

Mr G
15-06-2007, 23:10
Neil, I can't remember. I think they do various packages, ie. so many still photos plus a DVD,or just stills, etc.Mrs G believes it was around £30. I thought it was more than that but who am I to argue.[msnwink]

ravtino
16-06-2007, 00:08
I have done this three times and loved it, our son wanted to do it and finally got there(old enough) and i have to say it was difficult for him as the water for the dolphins was too cold for him, but he loved the rest of it, the photos etc are expensive but then they know you will want them as they are the only ones that get you close up with the dolphin.

Pudders
19-06-2007, 12:55
thanks for all the great replies.

Litlun will be 11 when we go. Is it wirth booking up now for April next year?[msnwink]

Kazzie
19-06-2007, 13:22
Its worth booking now if you have a particular date in mind and also the ticket prices are hardly likely to come down in price but they may well rise[msnwink]

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pudders
thanks for all the great replies.

Litlun will be 11 when we go. Is it wirth booking up now for April next year?[msnwink][/quote]

Nina A
19-06-2007, 20:35
If you really want to push the boat out then go for 'Trainer for the day'. We had an unbelievable time, the trainers assigned to us were so attentive and knowledgable, worth every cent.

lamina
30-06-2007, 22:34
we did this in jan this year, on their coldest day of the year so far. we spent about 30 mins in the pool
it's certainly worth the money as once in DC you don't need to pay for anything..... included in the price are wetsuits (highly reccomended ) lockers, snorkel gear, suntan lotion, (with snorkel gear),towels and showers plus shampoo/soap etc, also if you are there early enough you can have breakfast as well as lunch up till 3pm, plus there are a couple of snack bars for when you get out of one of the lagoon/pools where you can get hot/cold drinks, including beer and biscuits/crisps, etc... all included your admission price, also included is 7 consecutive days admission to sea world,..the daily admission price for seaworld is now around $65.

Pudders
18-07-2007, 00:31
Thanks for all the replies guys.... we booked this last week and are all very excitied about it and cannot wait!! We booked direct and unfortunately the online discount only applies within 60 days prior to your vist so we paid full price but due to the exchange rate...it worked out well!

Thanks again and we'll be sure to post a report and pictures for all to see next year.

Thanks again[msnwink]

aldridgeclan
13-08-2007, 18:54
worth every penny, just come back at the end of july (2007). check in early ( from 8am) to get an early swim time, then you can go off and do everything else in the park. all the food eg breakfast and lunch is fantastic with loads of chice. my son loved the stingray pool and spent most of the day in there and in the caves. the photos and dvd are worth buyinging and the dvd works well here in the uk this costed $50, but you can include it in a package.
this day will be the most relaxing of your holiday, but the day goes so quick.
we have said that when we go back to florida next year we will go back for the day but not do the d swim again because its worth every penny to have a restful day with no crowds.

[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

becbecs
14-08-2007, 12:57
Worth every Dollar and the memories will stay with you for the rest of your lives.

We did Discovery Cove in 2003 and can still picture our Kids faces now. Our Dolphin was called Lester.

We have also done a Natural Dolphin Swim down in the Florida Keys but can say that the Discovery Cove Day was probably the best.

mizzy
18-08-2007, 14:54
asked my bil about private beach cabana, it was $300 and he said worth every $

Lesley S
19-08-2007, 19:30
It was absolutely worth the money....had such a lovely day...

vinpau
21-08-2007, 00:24
We went to Discovery Cove on our first visit to Florida in 2005 and thought it was fantastic, the highlight of our holiday, definitely worth the money. We did the dolphin swim (our dolphin was called Cindy)it was our youngest son's 10th birthday, so as a treat unknown to him we'd booked the birthday package. At the end of our time with the dolphins, Cindy swam across the lagoon with a keepsake buoy saying "happy birthday adam" - and everyone sang happy birthday -his face was an absolute picture, the buoy is still proudly on display in his bedroom. The birthday cake they also gave adam was delicious! [msnsmile2]

MarkJan
21-08-2007, 00:29
If you just look at face value how much you are spending you may think hmmm, not worth the money. When you have actually been in and realise how well run DC is including the facility to use their prescription underwater masks along with swimming with the dolphins, you will want to go back. Our day passed so quickly.