PDA

View Full Version : ALAMO Car Hire SUV

neilbrunton
13-06-2007, 13:53
I have just asked for a quote for an SUV from this site for 13th to 27th July. Dollars quote was £327 and Alamo £252. This seems a large difference. Am I missing something?

Neil

roger
13-06-2007, 16:31
We currently have a very good offer on Alamo's 4x4 for certain dates, hence the difference. This is still the standard Alamo 4x4, not the smaller version, so it's a very good offer.

neilbrunton
13-06-2007, 18:45
Thanks roger, this seems a very good price. I have now booked.

Neil

Katies Mum
13-06-2007, 18:48
Hi roger,

Could you please tell me what is the difference between the standard Alamo 4x4 and the smaller version. The quote I have just got says 4x4 / SUV.

Many thanks.

roger
13-06-2007, 18:52
I'm not too sure, as we dont supply the smaller version. Any 4x4 booked through us is the Intermeditate 4x4 (the mid size).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katies Mum
Hi roger,

Could you please tell me what is the difference between the standard Alamo 4x4 and the smaller version. The quote I have just got says 4x4 / SUV.

Many thanks.

[/quote]

Katies Mum
13-06-2007, 18:57
Thanks.

Have dreamed about hiring a red jeep, ever since we say one on our last visit. Do you know if Alamo have jeeps?

Thanking you.

ravtino
13-06-2007, 20:18
I booked ours :D

roger
13-06-2007, 20:38
Alamo dont tend to offer Jeeps, mainly Chevvy's. They do however usually let you choose the exact car you want from the parking lot within the range booked, so you may well get a red one!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katies Mum
Thanks.

Have dreamed about hiring a red jeep, ever since we say one on our last visit. Do you know if Alamo have jeeps?

Thanking you.
[/quote]

Katies Mum
13-06-2007, 21:00
Thank you, don`t know what a Chevvy is but sounds nice.

browntrout
19-06-2007, 14:50
Alamo - Intermediate Chevrolet Equinox or similar
Midsize SUV 4-Door/Automatic/Air
Seats 4 with 4 suitcases

http://www.chevrolet.com/equinox/

There are four models; 1LS 1LT 2LT 3LT

They all look very good though, any ideas which one?

roger
19-06-2007, 17:23
It could potentially be any one of the models, as they will have some of each, so hard to say.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by browntrout
Seats 4 with 4 suitcases

They all look very good though, any ideas which one?

[/quote]

ravtino
19-06-2007, 20:16
Ours is booked and Chevvy looks ok to me, we normally have had jeeps or durangos, so another first for us:D

Dianap
20-06-2007, 08:04
We just came back booked the offer with ALAMO they had quite a few red Jeeps we took a Rav 4 sport would not rush to get one again but still a good offer.

Katies Mum
20-06-2007, 12:01
Thanks Erica1, just what I needed to know. Am booking as soon as I have taken daughter to school.

neilbrunton
20-06-2007, 14:44
Does anyone know how long the Alamo queue gets. I joined the Dolar priority club so that i could use their fast queue but the price difference makes Alamo alot cheaper. We are flying in next month on the first Virgin flight.

Neil

Katies Mum
20-06-2007, 14:54
I`ve booked! thank you all for all your advice and help.

neilbrunton
03-07-2007, 11:19
Roger

We have booked a SUV through you for 2 weeks starting 13th July. Can you let me know if we receive a voucher for this. If so when will it arrive.

Thanks

Neil Brunton

Lesley S
03-07-2007, 13:16
You will receive an email with a reference on:

Alamo have switched over to a 'voucher-less' system whereby you now simply provide the booking reference and ID on collection of your car.

We have received ours (19th June) already and we are travelling the day after you.

neilbrunton
03-07-2007, 14:25
Thanks Lesley. The car hire website still states:

"We provide a voucher that you can exchange at the car rental desks on arrival for a car."

Which started me to worry. I will dig out the email and check it has a reference number on it. Perhaps Roger can confirm this is the case as I would hate to turn up at the desk and find we don't have a car.

Have a great vacation, I am sure the weather is going to be alot better than we have had to endure in the UK.

Neil

roger
03-07-2007, 16:03
If you drop me an email with your reference number on I can check if we have sent it to you yet.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by neilbrunton
Thanks Lesley. The car hire website still states:

"We provide a voucher that you can exchange at the car rental desks on arrival for a car."

Which started me to worry. I will dig out the email and check it has a reference number on it. Perhaps Roger can confirm this is the case as I would hate to turn up at the desk and find we don't have a car.

Have a great vacation, I am sure the weather is going to be alot better than we have had to endure in the UK.

Neil
[/quote]

neilbrunton
03-07-2007, 17:14
Roger

I have checked my email and I have not received a voucher, just the booking confirmation email. I checked the web site and it says that a voucher was emailed on the 21st June but I have not received it. As my junk folder is deleted after 7 days I cannot chek that. Would it be possible to email another one today.

I will email you my email address.

Thanks

Neil

neilbrunton
03-07-2007, 17:18
Roger

email address sent via info@uscarhire.co.uk

Thanks

Neil

roger
03-07-2007, 17:24
I've resent your voucher (was originally sent 21st June).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by neilbrunton
Roger

email address sent via info@uscarhire.co.uk

Thanks

Neil
[/quote]

Lesley S
03-07-2007, 18:54
Neil,

Hope you have a good time as well, I am sure it will be better than here.....

master blaster
03-07-2007, 23:37
hi

great site this is my first post

i was about to book a 4x4 through alamo, reading this forum do they only do mid size ones? As someone here has said there is quite a difference betweem them and dollar or budget £318 alamo and over £400 for the others
buut i was looking for a chevy trailblazer ar jeep cherokee type of size
do alamo do this size and do you think that would be what we'd be getting

its for 5 people 2 adults and 3 big lig children

thanks in advance

master blaster
03-07-2007, 23:38
ps
we're going on the 12 july so i need to get this sorted asap
... aghhhhh

moob
04-07-2007, 01:40
mb - wouldn't a midsized 4x4 be adequate for 2 adults and 3 kids?

roger
04-07-2007, 01:42
The mid-size is equivalent in size to the Jeep Grand Cherokee.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by master blaster
hi

great site this is my first post

i was about to book a 4x4 through alamo, reading this forum do they only do mid size ones? As someone here has said there is quite a difference betweem them and dollar or budget £318 alamo and over £400 for the others
buut i was looking for a chevy trailblazer ar jeep cherokee type of size
do alamo do this size and do you think that would be what we'd be getting

its for 5 people 2 adults and 3 big lig children

thanks in advance

[/quote]

master blaster
04-07-2007, 04:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
The mid-size is equivalent in size to the Jeep Grand Cherokee.[/quote]a grand cherokee .... wow
thanks for that
it is something that size i was after, I thought a trail blazer was the size of a standard cherokee but if this is bigger it will do grand
thanks a million
i will boook 2 morrow

andrew

dawn
05-07-2007, 02:46
Just booked a 4x4 from Alamo for our 4 week trip and saved £175 compared to Dollar - what a great deal[msnsmile2]

browntrout
06-07-2007, 01:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by browntrout
Seats 4 with 4 suitcases

[/quote]

Booked the Alamo 4x4 with uscarhire, going to Florida 1st Time, hiring a 4x4 1ast time, zipideedoodah zipideeday
[beer]

neilbrunton
11-07-2007, 14:58
Does anyone know if there is more than one ALAMO desk at Orlando International. I vaguely remember a few years back queuing at the car hire kiosk only to find an empty one sitting round the corner. Anyone know.

Thanks

Neil

bushbaby
12-07-2007, 01:04
I have just returned last weekend from orlando
and didn't notice a second desk just the main one where all the other car hire desks are.
I was 3rd in queue sorted the car via uscarhire voucher in about 5 minutes took out an extra insurance for roadside recovery which they said wasn't includeed in gold booking ?( roger is this the case )
the cars in the 4x4 row were all toyota highlander not as big as I expected but big enough.

bushbaby

roger
12-07-2007, 03:00
Road side recovery is included with Alamo as it is with the other companies we use, but as per this link http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/faq-inclusions.aspx#126 Alamo do offer an enhanced recovery. This is not usually required as breakdowns and usual reasons for recovery are included anyhow.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bushbaby
I was 3rd in queue sorted the car via uscarhire voucher in about 5 minutes took out an extra insurance for roadside recovery which they said wasn't includeed in gold booking ?( roger is this the case )[/quote]