PDA

View Full Version : 50% off at American Airlines

Homer
11-06-2007, 20:35
American Airlines are offering up to 50% off an Economy flight and up to 30% of a business class flight

May help some of you late bookers out there

Business Class : Receive a 20% discount for reservations made between 1st May 2007 - 31st August 2007. Cardholders must travel between 1st July 2007 - 31 August 2007.
Economy Class : Receive a 50% discount for reservations made between 1st May 2007 - 31st August 2007. Cardholders must travel between 1st November 2007 - 14th December 2007 and 25th December 2007 - 20th March 2008.
HOW TO USE : To book please call American Airlines on 0845 7789 789. To obtain your discount please quote MCPLUS for the Business Class offer or MCXTRA for the Economy Class offer.

Full details are here http://www.mastercard.com/uk/specialoffers/travel/offer_aa.html

(If this should be in a differant area please feel free to move)

Katys Grandad
12-06-2007, 17:43
Although any discount is always welcome, this is not all it first seems. The discount is applied to what American call the 'base fare', i.e the fare before any fuel charges, taxes or extras are added. They are then applied in full to the 'discounted' base.

I made a couple of reservations last week. If anybody is going to try it, my advice is to obtain the fare and then tell them you have the code. I found that telling the agent you have the code first results in a higher fare being applied (a bit naughty that). If they try to charge you the £15 booking fee tell the agent that the offer isn't available online (it isn't!) so no charge should be payable. They took it off my bookings.

Further, the reservation has to be made by 31 August. I fly American a lot and I know that every year they reduce their November-March economy webfares around 1 September meaning that the savings on this offer become less attractive.

Finally, the code is related to Mastercard. It isn't fully clear whether you have to pay using a Mastercard credit card.

Get a quote and decide for yourself whether it's a good deal or not. The Business Class deals are pretty good when looked at against the economy fares for July/August.

edlea
13-06-2007, 16:00
Just checked out eBookers Heathrow - Miami return, first Sat of the school hols (21st July) and it's showing up at £508 all in with American. I'd say that's a darn good deal for school hols. [:O] [8D]

Katys Grandad
13-06-2007, 17:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by edlea
Just checked out eBookers Heathrow - Miami return, first Sat of the school hols (21st July) and it's showing up at £508 all in with American. I'd say that's a darn good deal for school hols. [:O] [8D]
[/quote]

I'm assuming that is an economy fare which won't be discountable under this code because they're for travel from November. Good fare for this time of year though.

edlea
13-06-2007, 17:54
Katy'sGrandad - No, you certainly won't get 50% off £508 !!!!
I just thought if anyone fancied a late booking and assumed prices would be sky high cos it's school hols time, well, they aren't ! (for the moment anyway)
(Still nowhere near the £430 we got with Delta - haha ! [msnwink])