PDA

View Full Version : busch gardens

glasgowmary
10-06-2007, 02:20
hi , we have never been to busch gardens and wondered how far it is from orlando and if it 's worth a visit . we are rollercoaster fans and some look really good , thanks mary

LiesaAnna
10-06-2007, 02:49
first visit there took us hours!! we got lost use satnav!!!
its a lovely place with so much for everyone! animals, shows, rides, lovely another of our favourite places we visit everytime we go to florida:D:D:D:D:D:D

ShirleyD
10-06-2007, 03:11
It is straight doen the I4 towards Tampa, then follow the signs, though you do need to keep your eyes open for the signs after leaving the I4.

As rollercoaster fans, it is THE place to go in Florida :D[sick]:D Though I have a bit of trouble with the ones that twist as well as go upside down (make sure you eat afterwards, not before!!!). Nowhere near as polished as Disney, but fantastic.... the rides are great, with all sorts of rollercoasters, from gentle, to wild and traditional bone shaking wood ones.

It is just under an hour from the H27/I4 junction

glasgowmary
10-06-2007, 03:15
thanks , think we will try it out as we are going out end of june it ' s so hard to fit it all in [msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

pieman790
10-06-2007, 10:19
We did it from Kissimmee with sat nav in 70 mins last year. Best time without Sat Nav is approx 80 mins but it depends on the traffic.
We normally try and go on a Monday as even during the summer its not that busy compared to some of the parks in Orlando. We walked onto most of the rides and the longest we queued for was about 10-15 mins for the log flume. Weekends can be busy as you get more locals there.

Kazzie
10-06-2007, 14:11
If you are rollercoaster fans its an absolute MUST, you will love it.[msnsmile2]

Karen

Homer
10-06-2007, 14:19
If you have the Orlando Flexi Ticket there is the free coach service which is worth using.

Especially if one person (like me) is/has done all the driving.

ncmurray
10-06-2007, 14:39
As already said, this is THE park for roller coasters, but the animals are well worth going for, too, especially if your children are younger.

If you like more exciting roller coasters, Sheik-Ra is the best one there, in my humble opinion. Is being upgraded at the moment (going floorless), and is due to open on the 16th, I think. Front row seats, at the edge if possible, give the best view!

I would suggest that you go to Busch earlier in your holiday, because they sometimes have offers of a free second day, or an upgrade to an annual pass for 2007 for a small charge. If you like the park, you will have time to make another visit if you want to.

Have a lovely holiday!

MarkJan
10-06-2007, 17:58
Busch is my all-time favourite theme park for rides (apart from the simulator [sick]). Try a couple of consecutive goes on Montu, you'll need to sit down!

Not necessarily the easiest park to get to but once there, you get straight into the rides, no miles and miles walk.

xtratime
10-06-2007, 21:44
We got there no problem, but got lost on the way out. Soon found our way onto the I4 again though.

glasgowmary
11-06-2007, 02:07
thanks everyone , can ' t wait to go now . where does the coach go from ? we have annual passes for universal so don ' t think the coach would be free but wouldn ' t mind paying so we don ' t have too much discussion between my good husband and myself on which way to go , obviously not the way i said but the way HE thought !! ah , it' s great to right all the time [msnwink][msnwink]

Kazzie
11-06-2007, 02:33
I cannot tell you anything about the coach but there is no need to worry about getting lost if you drive to Busch Gardens. We have driven there at least 5 times and have never got lost yet, and if we can manage it I am pretty sure anybody can![msnembarrased]

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by glasgowmary
thanks everyone , can ' t wait to go now . where does the coach go from ? we have annual passes for universal so don ' t think the coach would be free but wouldn ' t mind paying so we don ' t have too much discussion between my good husband and myself on which way to go , obviously not the way i said but the way HE thought !! ah , it' s great to right all the time [msnwink][msnwink]
[/quote]

Nikki D
11-06-2007, 10:15
Hi Mary, we used the coach one year we picked it up from the car park at the back car park of old town Kissimmee. Was a bit of a drag though because it stops lots to pick up more people. We have also found our own way there and its not a bad drive. That way your not having to clock watch for the return. Bush gardens is well worth a visit [msnsmile2]

GrahamC
11-06-2007, 14:26
Its our favorite park, and well worth the drive. It is far more relaxed than the Orlando Parks, and my boys love the rides which they rate as some of the best they have done.

Personally, I like the Anhauser Busch hospitality centre with complimentary beer, free beer is always the best beer.

becbecs
11-06-2007, 17:06
Definatley worth a visit if you like the big rides.

Appledore
11-06-2007, 21:12
Try to fit it in - excellent and only about an hour away!

Rides are brilliant!

Elaine

glasgowmary
12-06-2007, 00:35
thanks everyone , will try and visit . hope you ' re all enjoying the u.k.sun . mary

anniegetyourgun
13-06-2007, 23:11
We have just come back. If you have the 5 park flexi-ticket the transport is free.Even if you dont and you have to pay its $10 each.Well worth it.Picks up at 6 different locations,one being seaworld.We picked up from the best western lakeside on 192 west.If you go on their website there maybe something about the shuttle on there.It did seem a pretty straight road,but took about an hour from our pick up. we arrived at 11am, and the bus departed busch at 7pm,.Depends if thats enough time for you. hope this helps.