PDA

View Full Version : an American in England

Kevin Michael burke
22-09-2003, 15:10
Hi everyone! Unlike most of you I'm an American now living in the UK and married to an English girl. Prices of properties are very overpriced here as you know. Plus it's difficult when my family visits and says of my last UK property, ...'it's like a ... slice of a house?' Ouch. Anyway we still can rent out our property in Florida to UK tourists, etc. It's weird though going back on vacation to Florida. Some Americans are not the brightest and don't think I'm American although I've only been gone 4 years. I'm sure you all have stories.

Kevin Burke

bellaepovera
22-09-2003, 16:53
Hi And welcome to the forum. I am an American and living in Italy. I think everything in Europe is overpriced!! For me its a great feeling everytime I fly into Florida. Palm trees the weather!! The warm welcome you get. Sometimes I have problems when i go back as I always talk Italian 90% of my day so I sometimes slip out with the Italian words. But theres so many foreigners there I suppose it does not matter!!

pbensur
22-09-2003, 19:05
Welcome to the forum, Kevin - we Americans are definitely the minority here. Great group of people - you will enjoy taking part in it, I'm sure!!

fiona
22-09-2003, 22:12
Welcome to the forum Kevin, I am sure your expertise will be very useful as we are getting more and more questions relating to moving rather than buying!

BTW - it may only be a slice of a house, but I bet it will increase in value like nothing else!!

chrisj
24-09-2003, 01:48
and look at our great english summer we have just had :D

not looking forward to the winter though :(:(

Ruth
24-09-2003, 02:18
Nor me, it is beginning to feel cold already. I had a frost on my car this morning:(

chrisj
24-09-2003, 03:23
ive put the gas fire on already

chrizzy100
24-09-2003, 04:27
quote:Originally posted by chrisj

ive put the gas fire on already

People have to go cold here till Nov....its costs to much for gas to heat the house before then.......

chrisj
24-09-2003, 17:08
Mind you its hot and sunny today, see lovely english weather, just does what
it wants and we all end up having to guess what to wear etc

dottydot
16-11-2003, 03:28
if any americans are intrested in visiting liverpool and staying in my house whilst i visit their house in orlando just let me know / would be a cheap hol on both sides[msnwink]

chrisj
16-11-2003, 05:19
There are sites that offer this service, been trying to locate a link but must have deleted
it