PDA

View Full Version : Savings on internal flights

villainthesun
21-09-2003, 22:30
This might be a useful titbit of information for those who like taking the opportunity of seeing other parts of the country whilst over in Florida.

Yesterday I booked a flight from MCO to Seattle, for a couple of days away during our next stay in Florida. By being able to provide the ticket number for my previously booked transatlantic flight, I didn't have to pay the taxes that would otherwise have been due on this internal flight, a saving of £20+.

Made it even more of a bargain than it already was. Although it could well have been cheaper still to book this flight as part of the same itinerary with the transatlantic flight.

Gillian-B
24-09-2003, 21:25
We've found this too when we have booked internal flights in the past. Unfortunately, this year when we booked LAS to MCO, the internal carrier would not give us a price minus the taxes unless the transatlantic ticket had actually been issued (which it hadn't at the time as payment was not due until 8 weeks before):(. If, as you say, the internal flight is booked on the same itinerary as the transatlantic it would work, but it's always worth shopping around for internal flights as the prices seem to vary a lot.