PDA

View Full Version : Largest Wave Pool in the United States

imported_n/a
04-03-2002, 01:51
Typhoon Lagoon is the place! The wave machine keeps the kids amused for hours and it really is fabulous fun. Hold on to younger children though as otherwise the force of the waves can sweep them away. As a result of the wave machine, there are little 'pools' created and these are great fun for the littler ones in the family and you can sunbathe and keep an eye on them while they play close to you.

esprit
09-03-2002, 03:23
I get really frightened in the wave pool. The waves are Huge and go right over your head. Even at the edge, they will knock you right over.Hubbie and son love it. I hog the sun bed!!

Julie Carty

tinkerbell
27-03-2002, 21:07
Wave pool goes mad! Great fun, although word from the wise, ladies, dont wear a strapless swimming costume in that pool!

Dont expect a leisurely swim at Typhoon Lagoon!

imported_n/a
11-09-2002, 20:57
Don't wear your sunglasses, you will lose them and probably find them just as a child treads on them!

It's quite vigorous even as it smashes to the "shore" so I keep hold of my little one's hand but she just laughs and laughs.

jewell
11-09-2002, 22:14
Also be wary when you fall over at the shallow part as the surface is like coarse sandpaper. Don't think we've had a visit yet when at least one of our family hasn't had a graze to elbow or knee!!

Sandra

imported_n/a
17-09-2002, 04:27
Looks as though from recently released November park hours that Typhoon Lagoon is closed for refurb for the whole of November.

imported_n/a
17-09-2002, 04:32
Annual close down apparently starts October 27th.

athurstance
17-09-2002, 15:20
I'm always the one in our family with the grazes from that hard surface - I wonder why they didn't go for something a bit more like that stuff they have in playgrounds. Since the rest of my family are always out in the deep waves they never get hurt so perhaps that's the answer but there's no way I'm going out in that tidal wave.

Angela

esprit
17-09-2002, 20:40
Yes, total agreement, Angela, my family, out in the deep end with the big waves, also told me I was more likely to get hurt in the shallow end and they were right. I lost my sunglasses and grazed my knees. They got off scott free. Still wont catch me down there though. As soon as I hear the boom, I swim for it ( going in the opposite direction to the crowd!!)

Julie Carty

Edited by - esprit on 17/09/2002 16:41:17

Nigel Edwards
28-12-2002, 17:00
wheres the best water park in orlando. I have only been to wet n wild. none of the disney park[:0][:0][:0]

KingKong
01-06-2003, 00:04
[8D]

Typhoon aint all the hype.

The wave machine makes an average size wave when they can be bothered to turn it on.

My wife and i waited 20mins (yes 20mins) for a wave when just about to leave the pool wave area they decided to hit the on switch.

Deffo an over rated waterpark.

There is say 7 slides to go on (MAX) the trick is they are all so spread out you think you have done loads but for the tourist staying in say I Drive a quick trip to Wet an Wild is miles better value for money.

They do have one slide that makes u turn white as you drop down but apart from that marks outa ten....7

MRKW
13-06-2003, 02:49
Have to say just returned from Florida and did Typhoon Lagoon, best park if children are young ( ours 3 & 5 . Wave machine is great and big enough, runs for 1 hour with waves every 90 seconds, after an hour changes to mini wave system, great fun for the kids. We were told that if older kids then Blizzard beach i sbetter as rides suit older kids, big grown up kids as well!. But at the end of the day visit both. life's to short!!