PDA

View Full Version : Without car

ravtino
29-05-2007, 22:32
I have been asked about getting about without a car, I know it has been covered before but it was a while ago, they def are not having a car and do not want one as this is their first time, so this is what the information I have
Staying in Hawthorn suites in Lake Buena vista
Got a 5 day flexi ticket
swim with dolphins
traveling with TC direct

What they want to know:-

Want to know the best way to get around, I have said mears as they do not want to be travelling on buses (well they were going to, but i think it will take them too long and maybe spoil things i.e the time it takes to get there etc)- any other suggestions?

They would like to go to KSC any trips there?

Any help would be appreciated.

chrizzy100
30-05-2007, 00:22
We used to use the bus...mostly for the parks...the kids thought that was the best bit...they don't get out much...:D:D

We booked everything through the hotel...and they had a great trip to KSC...

MarkJan
30-05-2007, 00:26
A lot of resorts have shuttle buses to the theme parks. Taxis are another alternative but can the cost can add up.

Pudders
30-05-2007, 13:38
Its a real shame that if they can drive that they are not having a car as this will be a totally different holiday without a car (in my opinion)! I'm not saying it will be poo, just very restricted at doing things last minute etc. As already stated... shuttle buses operate from most resorts/hotels. Taxi's - expensive!!

ravtino
30-05-2007, 20:16
I know but they are adament that they do not want a car, we did manage ourselves for quite a few years but that was a long time a go and things have changed quite a bit since then.

Susan J
30-05-2007, 22:36
I always think people who say they are going to Orlando without a car imagine something completely different to what they find on arrival. You need to show them a map and video and photos so they realise a] how easy driving is, and b] how BIG it is!
This is not like going to Spain or somewhere -its a whole different ball game, and in my opinion, they will feel reote and cut off without a car- they may imagine they can WALK to Disney, for instance. There will be buses from their hotel, but will they be full, and will they have to leave too early or late to catch the bus back? If it is because they like a drink, I would explain to them, again, this is not a Spanish holiday, where you sightsee in the day, and have a drink at night etc, this is a very different experience -and particularly if they are stuck in a small suite- they need a car, as they will not want to spend much time there- its not like having your own villa to go back to.

ravtino
31-05-2007, 01:32
I said exactly the same as you have and I have tried to explain but they still do not want one, I have given them my maps to show the various places, no I don't think they are bothered about a drink.

Michelle
31-05-2007, 01:57
The company we recommend to our guests is
Florida Transport web site is www.floridatransport.com
Phone number 407-406-4680
407-538-9500
Free Phone (USA only):
1-877-342-5222
Email:
info@floridatransport.com
The will also do coastal runs

bargainqueen
05-06-2007, 04:39
The first time I took my husband to Florida he insisted that we didn't hire a car for our first week (he believed all they hype at the time and was very nervous about our safety)

Planning the trip took a lot of research, we booked the Comfort Inn at Lake Buenna Vista as it was recommended in the Virgin Brochure for non drivers. We used Mears Buses to get from MCO and back again to pick up car for our second week.

We took the shuttle buses into Disney each day but they have restricted times for the return journeys, the last one could get very crowded. The buses take a long time as they drop off at a number of hotels in area.

After a week even hubbie was relieved to be picking up car and venturing further a field. We found eating out a problem, we had to walk a long way to get to other eateries.

After a week we did have an idea of where things were but it definately didn't suit us. Thankfully ever since we have hired cars and now my husband drives from the airport. It's only taken 10 years:D