PDA

View Full Version : Dollar v Alamo

ravtino
24-05-2007, 20:03
Any difference in the service etc? we have always used Dollar but as Roger said the 4X4 offer is very good, do they use the same 4x4 ie cherokee jeeps?

pieman790
24-05-2007, 20:25
The service is equally as good, but with Alamo at Orlando international you get to choose you own car

ravtino
24-05-2007, 20:27
Thanks for the prompt reply do they have anything like the dollar express card

erowlands
24-05-2007, 21:59
Yes, they have Alamo Direct road where you register all your details on line with your alamo ref number and dates, you then go straight to the direct road lane, they only have the seperate lane at the International airport, it was not available at Sandford when we were there last year.

Eric

ShirleyD
25-05-2007, 00:35
Eric, I have registered with Alamo, but there was only an extra line for those who have checked in online (only US licence holders can do this) I suppose it speeded up the checkin though as it only took a couple of minutes. I have used both Dollar and Alamo and there is no difference in service, quite like being able to choose my own car with Alamo, but enjoy the queue jumping with Dollar!

ravtino
25-05-2007, 01:59
Thanks for replies, have booked with Alamo, another great saving, we had only just registered for Dollar express so we havent used it yet so won't misss it:D I know when we went to Vegas we could choose our car and that was with Dollar.

paradise found
06-06-2007, 19:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I know when we went to Vegas we could choose our car and that was with Dollar.[/quote]For some bizarre reason, Dollar at LAS operate the 'pick your own'
system, a-la-Alamo(!)

When we were there last year, we had booked a "full size",
and the clerk tried to get us to upgrade to PT cruiser
convertable, which was tempting, but not for $140 extra
for just five days

Of course, when we got to the "full size" section,
guess what was parked there...[msnsmile]

We thought it had been parked in the wrong section,
but the man in the security hut didn't bat an eyelid
when we drove out!!

MARK

Nikki D
06-06-2007, 20:58
I would of thought a full size car was much bigger than the PT cruiser. I have just booked a full size car at sanford and started to worry I had booked a really big car. Has anyone had a full size car with dollar and if so what did you think [?]

caroline
06-06-2007, 21:16
Pt cruisers are intermediate, unless they're convertibles[msnwink]

blott
06-06-2007, 21:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nikki D
I would of thought a full size car was much bigger than the PT cruiser. I have just booked a full size car at sanford and started to worry I had booked a really big car. Has anyone had a full size car with dollar and if so what did you think [?][/quote]We've had a full size car with Dollar a couple of times and they were great. Plenty of room for 5 seating and a large boot/trunk. I don't think you need to worry too much!

deamie
03-07-2007, 03:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
The service is equally as good, but with Alamo at Orlando international you get to choose you own car
[/quote]

Hi all have just joined the forum so this is my first post.

Have booked 2 cars with Alamo as im in a party of 7

1x 7 seat minivan
1x 4 door economy

I see that you get to choose your own car from the car park, but does this mean any car or only the car that you booked ie economy, intermediate, 4x4 etc..?

many thanks

blott
03-07-2007, 04:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by deamie
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
[/quote]

1x 7 seat minivan
1x 4 door economy

I see that you get to choose your own car from the car park, but does this mean any car or only the car that you booked ie economy, intermediate, 4x4 etc..?

many thanks[/quote]Welcome to the forum! :)

Unfortunately, it means that you can only choose in the category that you booked and paid for - in your case therefore it would be in the 7 seater minivans and the 4 door economy sections. Still, you do get to pick the colour! [msnwink]

deamie
03-07-2007, 15:00

1x 7 seat minivan
1x 4 door economy

Unfortunately, it means that you can only choose in the category that you booked and paid for - in your case therefore it would be in the 7 seater minivans and the 4 door economy sections. Still, you do get to pick the colour! [msnwink]
[/quote]

Thanks for your answer Blott.

Just a quick question regarding the 4 door economy.

A friend told me that most car rental companys dont usually have many small cars in stock so i may well be upgraded in any case for free..? Do you know if this is true or should i just upgrade now from the UK.

Once again thank you for your kind advice.

roger
03-07-2007, 16:01
Don't bank on this, as they do have smaller cars available, but there is a chance of an upgrade.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by deamie

1x 7 seat minivan
1x 4 door economy

[/quote]

Thanks for your answer Blott.

Just a quick question regarding the 4 door economy.

A friend told me that most car rental companys dont usually have many small cars in stock so i may well be upgraded in any case for free..? Do you know if this is true or should i just upgrade now from the UK.

Once again thank you for your kind advice.
[/quote]