PDA

View Full Version : Weather

paul357
24-05-2007, 16:54
I checked the long range weather forecast and it says storms next week, is that normal for this time of year? Are they normally we're down at St Petes from 2nd June so I'd hate for it to be overcast/raining all week [msnsad]

We've always been lucky in the past, and never had more than a few days overcast. We did once arrive in the middle of a bad storm and there was a lot of rain, almost to the point where we had to stop driving. Its was still bad the next day, but by the second day it was back to sunshine [msnsmile]

chrizzy100
24-05-2007, 17:28
June to Nov is rainy season...you could be lucky and the rain only last a few hours late afternoon...or you may get none..
I remember when I first got my house and saw thunderstorms every day...I thought buying there was a big mastake...but the forecasts are very general...and sometimes you don't see rain in an area for days on end...its really pot luck...

I remember a family near us in the UK going to South FL Aug and it rained the whole 2 weeks....

njstringer
24-05-2007, 17:35
I quite like sitting on our deck in the evening watching the storms all around. As Chrissie says it is that time of year and the forecast normaly only give a 20-30% chance of storms. Reading this the other way there is a 70-80% chance that you will not have any.
Nigel

mfairhurst
24-05-2007, 17:49
The summer as they say is the rainy season and they pray for rain to keep the grass green and fill up for water supply ,But saying that it can rain for 1 hour and be sunshineing all day and it cools the air down .
Do not let it put you of FLORIDA as it has been doing the same thing for years .
Enjoy your holiday .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Clare R
24-05-2007, 21:26
I am currently sitting roughly 80 miles south of St Petes, it is 90F 24% humidity and is likely to stay this way until at least next Tuesday which is as far as the forecast goes.