PDA

View Full Version : George Foreman Large Indoor Outdoor Grill

Maureen Edwards
20-09-2003, 01:03
I have just bought one of these here in the UK and it is fab. It is huge and can be used indoors or outdoors (with the stand) as a BBQ. I would love to get one of these for my villa. Has anyone got one and do you know what the cost is;) with the stand. Also I have looked online and can't find anyone who stocks the really big one?

chrizzy100
20-09-2003, 01:11
quote:Originally posted by Maureen Edwards

I have just bought one of these here in the UK and it is fab. It is huge and can be used indoors or outdoors (with the stand) as a BBQ. I would love to get one of these for my villa. Has anyone got one and do you know what the cost is;) with the stand. Also I have looked online and can't find anyone who stocks the really big one?

Is it this one....

http://www.bluelight.com/product/index.jsp?productId=778697

Lakul
20-09-2003, 01:13
Hi Maureen

We managed to get the grill but not the stand. They are like gold dust!!!. The grill was $130 and it was the only one we ever saw (we bought it at Sears in New Port Richey. Never saw one in Orlando), so grabbed while we could :D

Maureen Edwards
20-09-2003, 01:23
Hi Chrizzy, No it is actually much bigger than this with a hinged lid. But, like the look of that one and think it would be adequate for the villa. Cheers for your help and to Kerry. We are travelling around a bit on our next trip, so will keep my eyes peeled.! Kerry, with your price of $130, this is probably the same as the one that I have here at home and would prefer this one for my villa if I could lay my hands on one.

chrizzy100
20-09-2003, 01:26

Hi Chrizzy, No it is actually much bigger than this with a hinged lid. But, like the look of that one and think it would be adequate for the villa. Cheers for your help and to Kerry. We are travelling around a bit on our next trip, so will keep my eyes peeled.! Kerry, with your price of $130, this is probably the same as the one that I have here at home and would prefer this one for my villa if I could lay my hands on one.

Is it the long one....I think I know the one you mean....they had it in sears for a time....we nearly got one too......:D

Lakul
20-09-2003, 01:27
Sadly we never saw Chrizzy's suggestion either, as that was our second choice.

chrizzy100
20-09-2003, 01:40

http://www.shopping-cheap.com/kitchen-gadgets.html

this one looks good.....you can get a stand for it for around....$44....but they look hard to comeby.....

blott
20-09-2003, 02:25
Last time we were over in April/May, they had lots of the George Foreman large ones in Linens 'n' Things for $99.

Maureen Edwards
20-09-2003, 03:07
Thanks Blott, Will make LNT our first stop! The problem is I will end up spending another fortune in there! I can assure you we won't just come out with a BBQ[8D]

Gillian-B
24-09-2003, 21:39
We got our George Foreman grill in Linen 'n Things ($99) and it was a round kettle-style grill on a stand (not the double champion). It's really easy to use and makes great burgers :D

Funshine
24-09-2003, 23:20
My brother swears by his, says its the best for BBQ'd or grilled food. I have to agree after sampling the burgers - you're absolutely right GillianB they were great!

Maureen Edwards
25-09-2003, 00:54
I love mine here at home. It is electric, but can be used as a BBQ outside. It is so big I can fit around 12 steaks on it (maybe not American size steaks;)) but great for outdoor parties.

Gillian-B Is the kettle one Gas, charcoal or Electric?

Gillian-B
26-09-2003, 18:02
Maureen - it's electric (with a tray to catch the fat to make it healthy eating [:I]).

sunshine state
28-09-2003, 18:21
Yes i find them quite useful but i noticed when going in a shop at Belz there alot cheaper than in the U.K.

chrizzy100
28-09-2003, 19:32
quote:Originally posted by Gillian-B

Maureen - it's electric (with a tray to catch the fat to make it healthy eating [:I]).

I have a little one here...for when we can't use the outside BBQ....its great for bacon....

I got myself a real good electric kettle for the new house in Wal_mart yesterday.....when we first moved over here the only kettle we could find cost $175.....this one was $29......they also sold a nice one for $20 in Linens and things a while back.....the toasters are great in Wal-mart too.....our Wal-Mart is very quiet....so I'm doing most of my shopping here....and driving things down.....I don't fancy shopping much at Christmas time for the little things...I'm not a shopping person.....

Maureen Edwards
29-09-2003, 00:21
Do you think the stores will still have any sort of BBQ in stock around mid to end November time?? Or will all the 'summer' type things be taken off for the Christmas goodies?

sunshine state
29-09-2003, 00:30
I should imagine most shops will be stocking up on christmas goodies but you could take a look.

fiona
29-09-2003, 03:00
I seem to remember us buying our electric one when we were out at Christmas just after we had closed on the villa. I am sure Wal-mart still has some choice although it will be wall-to-wall deccies.

timmy
11-10-2003, 14:44
Where is Linen 'n' Things please?

blott
11-10-2003, 15:05
It's on Orange Blossom Trail, almost opposite the entrance to Florida Mall and next door to Barnes & Noble and Best Buy.