PDA

View Full Version : Southern Dunes

Cottons
20-05-2007, 02:16
Hi Folks, we're staying at Calabay parc at Tower Lake between 14th June and 30th June, apparently this overlooks southern dunes golf course. does anyone know what southern dunes is like and if they let non memebrs on the oucrse ?

is there anyone out there that fancies a game during this period ?

regards mark

ShirleyD
20-05-2007, 02:40
Hi Mark, yes they allow non members to play and you can save with coupons in magazines or from their website. There are also course details on the website. My husband had some lessons in February and played for the first time afterwards! There is very little water, so less chance of losing balls [msnwink]

Jill
20-05-2007, 02:54
We would recommend a game on the course it is excellent and has a dramatic hillside layout which stretches to over 7,200 yards and features 100 ft. elevation changes, which is very rare for Florida.

At the end of the round you can make use of the clubhouse bar and restaurant which serves very nice meals.

MarkJan
20-05-2007, 13:17
I played Southern Dunes earlier this month and would say it is a fair challenge, rewarding accuracy instead of just blasting driver everywhere.

Preferred the back nine over the front, cost me $80. More than I normally pay for Florida golf. I can confirm the food is good!

Anthony Brook
23-05-2007, 03:27
Play after 3.00pm and you will pay only $39 plus tax. Owneing a villa on SD gives me the chance to play it on a regular basis and have to say is a great course. I play off 7 and have only played to my hanicap 2/3 times in over 25 attempts.

As already said unlike many courses in Florida there isn't much water (on 2 holes). It is a fair course which rewards good shots but the thing I like most about the course is the different choices you have to play holes. Take on a tough drive and you will have an easier 2nd shot or play the easier drive and have a difficult 2nd.

The greens are quick and take a few holes to get on the pace but once you are 5 footers seem like tap ins as they are so true.