PDA

View Full Version : Do UScarhire pass on

WILDCAT
20-05-2007, 01:54
Your credit card details to hire company's and if so why ?.
If you took the option of full insurance.

ravtino
20-05-2007, 01:58
I am sure they don't as when we have rented from above site Dollar have asked for credit card imprint on silver but not on gold.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
20-05-2007, 03:03
No we don't. We would never do anything like that.

snugglepup1
27-05-2007, 18:51
I'm just printing out our carhire voucher and notice that a credit card imprint will be requested whereas earlier in this post someone mentioned that this is only requested on silver but not on gold, can someone please clarify what we will need to do, our booking is on the gold basis?

Tahnks

roger
27-05-2007, 21:19
With one exception, whether on Silver or Gold, all the rental companies will take a card 'swipe' on collection of the car. They will charge the fuel (if on Silver), optional extras (such as child seats) and any parking / speeding fines to this card.

The exception is if you book with us with Dollar on the Gold option from MCO only, then they do not take a card swipe on collection of the car.

Robert5988
27-05-2007, 23:58
They also charge I believe if you return the car late. How does that work with Dollar Gold Roger?

Or can I rent a car for a week and drop it off in the long term car park after 3 weeks

[msnwink][msnwink]

roger
28-05-2007, 00:17
They do indeed charge if you are late (by more than 59 minutes). If on the Gold with Dollar from MCO and they have not taken a card swipe, if you are late (or have a fine etc) then you will receive a letted in the post back in the UK asking for payment. As has been done by some customers in the past, if this happens, DO NOT ignore, as they will get their debt collectors on to you!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
They also charge I believe if you return the car late. How does that work with Dollar Gold Roger?

Or can I rent a car for a week and drop it off in the long term car park after 3 weeks

[msnwink][msnwink]
[/quote]