PDA

View Full Version : Dollar shops

porky
12-02-2002, 04:33
Although a lot of people shun these thinking they're just full of junk, some of this junk turns out to be very nice junk!

I've got some lovely dolphin ornaments and a few other ornaments from these shops to go in my hi fi cabinet in my villa. They look really good, not as cheap as you'd think and quite easy to replace if they get broken.

Things such as cloths, cleaning agents, pens, colouring books, spatulas, bbq cleaning brushes, pizza wheels, nail brushes and such like can be bought from here along with countless other stuff.

I was over the moon when I discovered that they've opened a large dollar store just outside Southern Dunes, in the car park near Winn Dixie. It's easily within walking distance of my villa and I enjoy a nice pleasant stroll down there to browse around and see what's new. they replace the stock frequently so you never know what you'll find.

Jacqui

orlandobabe
12-02-2002, 14:00
I agree. Dollar, Family Dollar and Dollar Tree (where everything is a $1) are a villa owners dream-even if it is just for cleaning stuffs!
the great thing about these shops is you never know what you might find-especially if you are doing a themed room.

Orlandobabe

imported_n/a
12-02-2002, 22:40
Dear Orlandobabe

re Themed rooms - being naive English folk - can you tell us the best and most economical place to purchase Disney bed linen - ie Mickey, Pooh etc quilts?? Have not found anywhere yet and we desparately want to do a themed bedroom in our villa.

Thanks

Theresa
13-02-2002, 17:23
I found the best shop for the Disney bedding to be Target. Obviously anything relating to Disney has an inflated price. I wanted to get away from the Disney themed room as these seem to be quite common in villas now. I have two children and their rooms have been decorated with them in mind. I have a dolphin theme and a nautical theme in the other room. I must admit I bought most of the bits here in the UK and took them with me to Florida.

Getting back to bedding - I like Westpoint Stevens at the Orlando Designer Outlet, they are especially good for towels, it just depends on the day as they have quite a turnover of stock.

Hope this helps.

Theresa

orlandobabe
13-02-2002, 23:50
Jane-our Disney room has one of those double bed bunks (you know with a single bed on top of it) so I didn't think we would be able to buy double quilts-so mum and I bought the material over here and made two sets-one in blue and one in green. So they really are unique as no-one else will have them!
They look really good-but were they an effort to make.
I know a lot of people have Disney rooms-but the kids love it.
I'd just check out places like Walmart, K mart. Target etc and maybe the markets!

Orlandobabe

imported_n/a
14-02-2002, 17:24
Thanks for the info. With young children we only have a certain amount of time that they will let us decorate at least one of the rooms in Disney style, so we are going over next month so we will definitely go off to all the suggested places.

Theresa
14-02-2002, 21:51
Jane,

I remember seeing some bright red and blue comforters in Westpoint Stevens. I think they were around $10 each. What you do is bring the Disney theme in with accessories, like pictures, lamp, a border, rug etc. That way you can cut down your costs.

A tip with Westpoint Stevens - with your first purchase complete a membership form and this gives you 10% off that day.