PDA

View Full Version : SEBRING CONVERTIBLE

SLUSHEE1
09-05-2007, 02:00
we are going in December to Florida 4 adults does anyone have experience of the sebring convertible i.e. is it comfortable for 4 adults, will it take our bags no doubt 4. since no kids this year we fancied a convertible tired of minibuses

wrpac00
09-05-2007, 02:56
It will not take 4 bags. We have hired a Sebring for the past 3 years, we only manage to get one case in the boot and one on the back seat.

Personally I think there great for 2 people but a definate NO NO for 4 people.

Lynne S
09-05-2007, 03:02
I would have to agree with Paul, great for just 2 people[msnsmile2]Not big enough for 4

roger
09-05-2007, 10:27
I think 2 adults would be very cramped in the back. It's fine for children, or one adult that can sit with legs skewed across to the other side.

The problem with the luggage capacity in the trunk of the convertibles is the 'well' for the opened roof storage impacts on the height of the trunk at the front of the trunk. The trunk is large (as in front to back of car) but you can usually only get small bags in to the front of the trunk (under the well), and a larger case towards the back of the trunk. Hope that makes sense. I know what I mean!

shenon
09-05-2007, 11:39
We love the Sebring but only for the two of us,definately not big enough for four plus luggage:(

chrizzy100
09-05-2007, 17:40
We've had four people in a Sebring....we had four cases...I think on the trip back to the airport the people had 2 on their laps in the back.....the girls...25 and 21 found they had enough room...they are not small girls to be honest...up until this week we have only owned coupe's...our Saturn is way smaller than the Sebring and will only take one person in the back...

blott
09-05-2007, 18:53
A regular Sebring is fine, plenty of room inside and in the trunk but a convertible is a different thing entirely.

Katys Grandad
10-05-2007, 17:14
I tried to rent a Sebring convertible last week and was told by Dollar that they don't have many at the moment because the current model is being changed - they mostly have Mutangs now.

They will take delivery of the new model in the next few weeks. Some of the new models may have a convertible 'hard top' which will fold into the boot (trunk). This will severely restrict luggage space and, perhaps, rear seating room. Might be worth checking before you go ahead.

Personally, I think the current Sebring is OK for 4 adults provided it's not for long trips. The luggage space is limited though.

chrizzy100
10-05-2007, 17:59
We do 13000 plus miles to FL in a two door coupe with four adults...a bit less leg room in the back than the Sebring convertible but more luggage space....the Sebring feels very roomy to us...I love the car...and I'm looking to buy one when we move...

anorak
07-06-2007, 16:06
Hi, I own a Sebring convertible and the boot isnt bad for shopping etc but I wouldn't get our two big cases in, they would have to go on the back seat.
I have bought a tow hitch to fit on so we can put a carrier on the back, like you use for mobility scooters, for luggage in case we have to do the airport run with visitors.Don't get that facility on a rental car of course.
The Mustang has less room in the back for passengers, thats why we bought the Sebring apart from the fact its a better built and much more economical car.
The main problem my Mum tells me is that it blows a gale in the back when driving at anything over about 40mph, even with the windows up. And you dont want to have the top up in Florida do you? Unless its raining like yesteday when we got a few inches in the afternoon.

Chrizzy - 13,000 plus miles to Florida?????? That puts you in Australia somewhere doesn't it? That is one h**l of a drive, respect!! I think I might fly if I came that far, although its only 5,000 miles for us and we have been known to take a boat and two weeks at sea.

pieman790
07-06-2007, 16:24
We hired one for a couple of days in November during the middle part of our holiday. Cathy and i were fine in the front and the kids had enough room in the back but we would have struggled to get all of luggage back to the airport in it.
One piece of advice is that it some times can get cool during the winter months especially if the wind blows from the north. It was OK sat in the front with the heater on full with the roof down but the kids were frozen in the back We could only have the roof down for short periods. Managed to drive along Daytona Beach with the roof down which the kids thought was brilliant.

chrizzy100
07-06-2007, 17:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by anorak
Hi, I own a Sebring convertible and the boot isnt bad for shopping etc but I wouldn't get our two big cases in, they would have to go on the back seat.
I have bought a tow hitch to fit on so we can put a carrier on the back, like you use for mobility scooters, for luggage in case we have to do the airport run with visitors.Don't get that facility on a rental car of course.
The Mustang has less room in the back for passengers, thats why we bought the Sebring apart from the fact its a better built and much more economical car.
The main problem my Mum tells me is that it blows a gale in the back when driving at anything over about 40mph, even with the windows up. And you dont want to have the top up in Florida do you? Unless its raining like yesteday when we got a few inches in the afternoon.

Chrizzy - 13,000 plus miles to Florida?????? That puts you in Australia somewhere doesn't it? That is one h**l of a drive, respect!! I think I might fly if I came that far, although its only 5,000 miles for us and we have been known to take a boat and two weeks at sea.
[/quote]

I think I just added an extra 0......:D[:o)]

DiannaUK
07-06-2007, 19:25
We hired a sebring convertible for 2 weeks in September. We had my daughter and her boyfriend in the back (aged 20) and they found it quite tight (and they are both really slim jims). We just managed to squeeze two cases in, but only because one was a soft holdall which we should squash down and slide under the roof well.

I personally wouldn't do it again for 4 people, 2 would be my maximum.

I also have to say that we kept the roof up most of the time because it was very very hot - and, believe me, I'm a convertible fan having owned a BMW Z4 for 3 years.

Dianna

Susan J
08-06-2007, 13:03
Sebring is bigger [for leg space] than a mustang. BUT no room in boot, and if you have anyone in the back they will constantly want the roof up because of wind deflection -and you all arrive everywhere with hair all over your face!
No wany you can fit any luggage worth mentioning in boot, which mean you will pray it doesn't rain, whilst your front passenger sits with knees around neck, and back ones complain about weight of cases on knees :D
Have a car each - a convertible and a 4 door, and then you can have the best of both!

E. Cosgrove
08-06-2007, 17:01
we have a convertible this time and expected a seebring as usual but have been given a PT cruiser, great little car, but even less room than a seebring for luggage[msnsad] and heavier on gas we have found[msncry]

Cruella DeVilla
08-06-2007, 17:39
I loved the the cruiser convertables we have had in the pas Liz, I even managed to get a 7 foot real xmas tree in it a coule of years back......don't ask!

Not a fan of the Sebring full stop especially the new one.[msneek]

chrizzy100
08-06-2007, 17:59
the sebring convertible still comes out tops with me...I like its simple dashboard..it reminds me very much of what a spots car is all about..I've yet to find anything better..and we have been looking...hubby is taken with the new Saturn..but it still looks like a boy toy to me...growing up with Lotus and Lamborghini which are also boys toys...I like a simple car..