PDA

View Full Version : Dollar Drop Off in Miami

Daglish
05-05-2007, 21:03
I want to book a car with Dollar for collection in Orlando and drop off in Miami. Can anybody tell me if Dollar are on site at the airport in Miami? We are going on a cruise the second week of our holiday and need to get to the Port of Miami, Dodge Island, Miami to get the ship.

Is it best to drop the car at the airport and get a taxi?

If so how long roughly will it take?

Thanks

Lynnes
05-05-2007, 21:04
Tracy. Dollar are off airport in Miami but not very far away. Not sure how far it is to the docks so sorry can't help there.

jillizzy
05-05-2007, 21:05
Dollar is offsite in Miami - they provide a transfer bus to the airport and I believe that also provide transfers to the port too.

Jill

floridageoff
05-05-2007, 21:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jillizzy
Dollar is offsite in Miami - they provide a transfer bus to the airport and I believe that also provide transfers to the port too.

Jill
[/quote]That is correct. We used it in March this year both to and from Miami docks. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes depending on traffic. However, we did have great difficulty locating the Dollar car rental in Miami. In the end we followed signs to the airport and picked up the signs to Dollar from there.

Katys Grandad
05-05-2007, 21:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridageoff
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jillizzy

Jill
[/quote]That is correct. We used it in March this year both to and from Miami docks. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes depending on traffic. However, we did have great difficulty locating the Dollar car rental in Miami. In the end we followed signs to the airport and picked up the signs to Dollar from there.
[/quote]

I know that feeling well. It really isn't an easy place to find even though I've done it several times, I end up driving through the airport and following the 'Car Rental' signs.

Daglish
06-05-2007, 17:55
Thanks everybody. Will go and book the car now with drop off at the Airport. Having read the postings I think we will leave Orlando a little earlier in case we get lost looking for Dollar!

floridageoff
06-05-2007, 20:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Daglish
Thanks everybody. Will go and book the car now with drop off at the Airport. Having read the postings I think we will leave Orlando a little earlier in case we get lost looking for Dollar!
[/quote]As it is quite a drive from Orlando to Miami you might want to consider staying one night before your cruise in perhaps Fort Lauderdale or Miami. We stayed in Fort Lauderdale on the Saturday night before our cruise left on the Sunday. It meant that we did not have to get up early and also would not have the worry if there were any hold ups on the way down. We arrived at the docks at 11am and were allowed to board the ship at 12.00 (there is quite a lot to do at check in, having you photo taken etc, so this filled in the time). You can then have your lunch on board. It makes for a much more leisurely start and you will avoid all the queues when everyone else arrives at the dock later.

Daglish
06-05-2007, 20:58
Thanks for the tip about arriving the night before. Will chat to Philip and see what we can arrange.

Appledore
07-05-2007, 01:17
Tracy it took us a while to check the car in - it wasn't as smooth as Orlando so give yourself and extra 30 minutes just in case. Have a wonderful time!
Elaine