PDA

View Full Version : Dollar at Miami International

xtratime
04-05-2007, 05:05
What is the procedure for picking up from Dollar at Miami International? I believe that they are located off-site at this location.

jillizzy
04-05-2007, 06:32
Dollar is off-site as you suspected - it's a short bus ride of around 5 minutes.

Jill

Lynnes
04-05-2007, 11:31
I have done this a few times and never had to wait in a line - great

Nina A
04-05-2007, 13:02
We've done it a couple of times, pick up and return, booked through this site. All very straightforward, an excellent service and as Gill says only a few minutes free bus ride. All their staff were very friendly and helpful. In this case being 'off site' is no big deal. We wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
Have a great time :).
Nina.

ellie
04-05-2007, 15:06
When you have collected your luggage make your way outside the terminal. It is very busy outside, with buses and cars driving past at speed, so watch any children and keep them close to you. Immediately opposite the entrance there are areas where all the shuttle buses stop. It is worth your while asking at thia point exactly where the Dollar bus will stop as, if you don't stand in the right place you may well see it drive past you!

We normally keep our luggage on the trolleys until the bus arrives so we can move it swiftly to the right place. The bus drivers are usually very helpful, and will lift luggage onboard the bus.

It is a short drive to the Dollar rental depot, along Le Jeune Avenue, and most of the rental companies are based here.

If you want directions to the Florida Turnpike, then DM me or look for my directions in the Florida Guide.

Hope you have a great time in Miami.

Katys Grandad
04-05-2007, 15:44
Miami is a very busy (in my view, chaotic) airport so you have to be alert. Depending on your airline, you may see notices on the baggage carousels saying that you need to go to the next level to board shuttle buses. THIS DOESN'T REFER TO BUS YOU WILL NEED. Go straight outside after you have collected your bags and follow the advice given above.

You might also want to take note of the rental location because it isn't the easiest place to find when you bring the car back.

xtratime
07-05-2007, 13:33
Thanks for the info - Someone mentioned to avoid the desk inside the airport as they will really attempt to sell upgrades. As I have the gold option from this site, I have everything covered anyway.