PDA

View Full Version : Car Hire Under-25

orlandochris
02-05-2007, 12:09
Hi,

I booked my Gold All Inclusive car hire through this site, clicking on the U-Save link (as I will still be 24 when I got to Orlando in June). However, the voucher cam through yesterday, and it says in the terms and conditions :

Underage Drivers Charge: Cars & MV1 19-21 must pay $19.95 per day.
MV2,MV3,MV4 21-24 must pay $19.95 per day.

Also, with regards to the Gold All Inclusive option, the T&C's also stated:

Fuel Policy: Pay for a full tank of petrol and return the
vehicle empty. (except Ultra Inclusive)

It may be that I have just misunderstood the voucher, but I' hoping someone can clarify the situation for me.

Thanks in advance.

roger
02-05-2007, 13:34
If you look on your voucher, your car type (7 Seater) is classed as an MV1.

All the cars we offer (other than the Pick-up) come under the 'Cars and MV1' category, so as you can see you do not need to pay a surcharge since you are age 24.

For consistancy, we call the 2 options 'Silver' and 'Gold' across all the suppliers. In fact, each supplier has their own name for the options. In the case of U-Save, they call our Gold option 'Ultra Inclusive' which is what you have. If you look on your voucher under the inclusions it states: 'All Drivers&Tank Of Fuel' amongst other things that is confirmation that you are on our Gold option.

orlandochris
02-05-2007, 14:03
Thanks Roger - I thought that was the case but I just wanted to clarify[msnsmile]

ellie
03-05-2007, 00:42
Chris, my daughter hired a car from U-Save at Christmas via US Car Hire, and was delighted - she is 23. It was brilliant not having to pay a surcharge. Mind you, we did get a bit lost trying to find the depot. They gave her a bigger car than she ordered, too, which was great as she drove herself down to Miami and back, and it was very comfortable.