PDA

View Full Version : Dollar Express help

Pudders
30-04-2007, 22:15
Hi,

I understand the concept of Dollar Express but if I was to book a Flydrive through Virgin Holidays who use Dollar as their car supplier. Can I use the dollar express line with the voucher that Virgin give me for my car hire?

Also .... can UK residents sign up for it?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

christhear
30-04-2007, 22:45
UK Residents can sign up for dollar express, allow quite a few weeks ro receive your card though.
When you get your car through virgin holidays they have a seperate dollar desk to people booking direct with dollar, or through the car hire firm associated with this website. There is no dollar express queue at this desk. However if you have been on a couple of Virin holidays recently you can become a frequent virgin and they have a queue which bypasses the main queue. Its actually 2 queues, one for frequent virgins and one for every one else. If there is anyone in the frequent virgin queue they get called to the desk first.
You could of course choose not to pick up your car from Virgin - don't pay the insurance money in advance, and just hire one through thhis site, then you can use your dollar express card.

roger
30-04-2007, 23:26
You can not use Dollar Express with Virgin Holidays fly-drive car. You will find this is also very expensive, so you will actually save money in the long run by not using the Virgin car and booking with us on a fully-inclusive option.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pudders
Hi,

I understand the concept of Dollar Express but if I was to book a Flydrive through Virgin Holidays who use Dollar as their car supplier. Can I use the dollar express line with the voucher that Virgin give me for my car hire?

Also .... can UK residents sign up for it?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
[/quote]

pieman790
30-04-2007, 23:55
We always book our car hire from this site and use the Dollar express option. We have yet to find a cheaper car hire site.

Pudders
01-05-2007, 00:14
So... I can book my flydrive through Virgin Holls, Get the free car and Insurance offer, not bother to pick it up and then book through Roger?

Do Virgin do anything if you don't pick up the car? Can I just leave it in the car lot? Do they have apolicy thatyou have to pick it up?

ShirleyD
01-05-2007, 03:37
Clayton, although I have not done this, I have read several posts on this forum where people have booked 'fly drive' but due to the very basic car hire offer, with no insurance etc, found it cheaper to book a car through this site. They have never mentioned any problems or having to cancel the other booking....really everyone should be happy, Virgin have your booking, Dollar have money from Virgin and a car, you have car, fully inclusive, with great service and save money...win, win, win [msnwink]

Pegasus928
01-05-2007, 04:15
We booked a fly-drive last year but didn't pick up the car. As already mentioned it was a lot cheaper to book a car from the link at the top of this page than to pay the insurance for the 2 weeks with Virgin. (Free car my backside) Nothing was ever said about this and we are looking to possibly do the same thing again next year if the price is right.

Kenny

domster
01-05-2007, 11:36
There are various options when booking car hire and flights. I tend to stay clear of the flydrive as I don't like paying the extras (insurances) when you land. Normally book the US CAR HIRE option as the silver option is good value for money.

I would look at other options for flights as some of the charter airlines are a lot cheaper than both Virgin and BA and fly direct. Maybe you could get the flight with them and then book car hire seperate.

Yellowbellies
01-05-2007, 15:08
We booked a flydrive last year, then booked car hire from this site, it worked out cheaper.
We just never collected the flydrive car and nothing was said.

Annette

DAFF
01-05-2007, 15:19
Hi Roger,

I was wondering if you can help?

We booked our holiday with Virgin long before I found this site [msnsad].

We also did the car hire with them, but after reading all the posts on here I think we are being over charged!!!!

We have the intermediate 4DR for 21 days with Platinum package. I was wondering if you could let me know what you offer as the same package??

Thank you Sue

Lynne S
01-05-2007, 16:33
Just had a look for you Sue

Total Price You Pay: £384.00 this is the gold option same as platinum and with Dollar
:)
You can click on the link at the top to work out a quote for yourself.

DAFF
02-05-2007, 01:54
Thanks Lynn.[msnsmile2] I put in for a quote but make it more then you said??? I think I might get in touch with Virgin tomorrow.

Cheers Sue

roger
02-05-2007, 11:52
There are offers on until the end of June, so it may be you were both quoting for 21 dyas but in different months. We wont know until the end of June whether the offers with Dollar will be extended (we're trying very hard!).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DAFF
Thanks Lynn.[msnsmile2] I put in for a quote but make it more then you said??? I think I might get in touch with Virgin tomorrow.

Cheers Sue
[/quote]

DAFF
02-05-2007, 13:33
Hi Roger,

If I cancel my car hire with Virgin I'm I better of waiting until July to book one with you for our holiday in August or is this to late???

Thanks for your help
Sue

Lynne S
02-05-2007, 13:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
There are offers on until the end of June, so it may be you were both quoting for 21 dyas but in different months. We wont know until the end of June whether the offers with Dollar will be extended (we're trying very hard!).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DAFF

Cheers Sue
[/quote]
[/quote]

I did put dates in 1st to 22nd June as I didn't know about the special offer:)Sorry Sue

DAFF
02-05-2007, 14:10
Thanks Lynne
It will still be a great saving on here rather then using Virgin,I just hope I can cancel the car hire with them .

Sue

Lynne S
02-05-2007, 14:48
Yes Sue, it's a great service and always at a excellent price.