PDA

View Full Version : some advice please

mizzy
27-04-2007, 12:08
please be very honest with me

we have visited twice towards the end of march and the temps at the most reached 84 which i could manage with, it did feel hot but nothing too uncomfortable

now we're looking at the possibilty of going next may probably 11th-25th and i'm wondering if the weather will be so hot that i will have fractious children and myself getting all irritable

so any advice please before we book[msnsmile]

CERICROWLEY
27-04-2007, 13:09
Mizzy

We love visiting in May, the weather is beautiful. We find the difference from the earlier months, that the mornings are not so cold and the evening don't dip below 50, and we seem to have less rain at this time of year, if we have had a thunderstorm they have normally been in the night.

I would say it is comfortable weather. May is our favourite time to visit if we can get out at this time its perfect for weather and park availaibility

christhear
27-04-2007, 15:37
Mizzy

I find the Florida heat differant to the English heat. As we own a villa and wanted to make the most of our time there we decided to go for 3 weeks in August 2005 and see what it was like.
The temperature was often in the 90's but it did not feel bad. There are so many opportunities to cool down at all the attractions as well.
We have since been back in 2006 and are going again in August 2007.
I went out at the end of May 2005 and did not suffer with the heat at all.
Remeber its easy to cool down over in Flordia so go for it, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves.

blott
27-04-2007, 16:00
We often go in May when the temperature is around the 80sF but it's not humid. Even the lines at the theme parks have fans and all cars, homes, stores, etc are air conditioned so there's no need to get real hot and bothered, especially when you've got your own pool to cool off in! [msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
27-04-2007, 16:09
May is our favourite month so much so we are spending most of it there this year[8D]

CarolAnn
27-04-2007, 17:59
Only been in May once, I found it very humid. But, as my last trip proved, the weather varies whereever you are in the world. We have been going to Florida at Easter time, for about 7 years now, and it has always been perfect, about 85, not humid, no clouds, no 4pm rain, blue skies all the way!!:D This last trip, was slightly different, we had 2 days of rain, a few cloudy days (though hot) and Easter sunday morning until about 11:30 , was freezing (mind then it was tshirtd and shorts)[msncool] So, name of the game is...there are general rules in Florida, but even that will vary. Now...I would go ANYtime, as my 2 days of rain at Easter proved...there is ALWAYS something to do, whether it is VERY hot are the rain pops in! Didn't spoil my trip, and I am working very hard to get back in August, a time I always said wouldn't suit me...I Think it WOULD [msnwink][msncool]

Paula D-S
27-04-2007, 18:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Only been in May once, I found it very humid.
[/quote]

Was this in 2005 Carol? We were there in May 2005 and found it very humid, more so than July and August although all the local people were saying it wasn't normal weather for that time of year.

jovi
27-04-2007, 18:32
We were there end of May beginning of June 2004 and it was very hot, hit the hundreds on some days and very humid

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/jovi/2005415165612_480x360_picture084.jpg
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/jovi/2005415172052_480x360_picture039.jpg

However the locals did say it was not normal weather for that time of year, it was July/August weather conditions
So you never can tell.
We go in July, I am going with the expectation that it is going to be very hot and very humid!! But hey it's Florida[msncool] I can handle it[msnscared]

Lynnes
27-04-2007, 18:37
Always try to go in May and find the weather perfect.

Susan J
27-04-2007, 19:37
I have been at loads of different times -have just come back from a cool Easter break there, where it was sunny, but with a cool wind. Have been in July to Texas where it averaged 106F -HOWEVER, the difference over there is they COPE with the weather - even in texas where the heat could crack the flags, I felt cool and comfortable in the car, shops restaurants etc -but, to get to the point, Florida in May is lovely. The heat is just right, the humidity is low , the crowds acceptable, and all the flowers are in bloom -it really is a nice time of year for me. I mean, anytime of the year is !!

chrizzy100
28-04-2007, 00:01
We go a lot in May....it is hot...but I don't find it too humid...I also find the parks very quiet that time of year...

canarypam
28-04-2007, 01:37
April/May is our favourite time to visit. Not too hot just right temp usually mid 80's.