PDA

View Full Version : cannot get into the owner area

dbrook
15-09-2003, 23:00
Hi can anyone help as I cannot get into the owners area. I get the forum homepage come up but if I click on any of the owner area, e.g. villa owners general chat it just goes back to the default page which is

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/default.asp

I have changed my password to see if that makes any difference but still get the same happening. Nowhere is it asking me for the password which you occasionally have to enter to get into the owners forum and I keep going in to the 'username' and 'password' boxes at the top to enter those, but again just get the default page above.

Hoping someone can help as lost without the OV owners area:(:(

chrizzy100
15-09-2003, 23:46
quote:Originally posted by dbrook

Hi can anyone help as I cannot get into the owners area. I get the forum homepage come up but if I click on any of the owner area, e.g. villa owners general chat it just goes back to the default page which is

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/default.asp

I have changed my password to see if that makes any difference but still get the same happening. Nowhere is it asking me for the password which you occasionally have to enter to get into the owners forum and I keep going in to the 'username' and 'password' boxes at the top to enter those, but again just get the default page above.

Hoping someone can help as lost without the OV owners area:(:(

You maybe already signed in.. in a different web browser....I can't sign in here on MSN if I'm signed in on netscape.....

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-09-2003, 23:46
Diane

You need to clear all cookies from your browser and then close the browser. Re-start the browser and log in again and it should be ok.

dbrook
16-09-2003, 00:27
Thanks and excuse my computer ignorance, but how do I clear the cookies please[?]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-09-2003, 00:45
In IE: Tools > Internet Options > Delete Cookies :)

dbrook
16-09-2003, 02:25
I'm in, I'm in, yessss!

I've been so grumpty all night so now I can smile again. I've realised how badly I've got forumitus;)

Still have to enter the password every time I go into a different thread, but who cares! And I have learned something new today!

Thanks for your help John:)

dbrook
17-09-2003, 01:48
I'm still struggling and cannot get in to the owner forums tonight either. Same thing is happening

Have deleted my cookies but hasn't made any difference. Fortunately can have a quick sneak at work tomorrow, but if anyone has any other ideas what can be wrong I would very much appreciate it:(

Diane.

Ruth
18-09-2003, 13:51
Sorry Diane, I have no idea what you can do:(

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
18-09-2003, 14:05
Just noticed this thread again - we've now had an email from you Diane and I've suggested a few things to Roger which might help fix things. I believe he is in contact with you about it.

It's probably better to do these things by email as we do try to read everything posted on the forums but sometimes we miss things and obviously have missed your request for help this time.